LaQuinta East ???

Does anyone know if there is a store around LQ East? Thinking of booking here but, would like to pick up a few things prior to boarding the ship. I did a search but, could not find the answer to the question.

LQ North I found there is a store close by but, no shuttle to the port....

Here is a link that covers your question about nearby stores. I typed in LaQuinta airport east miami, sometimes it takes a few different combinations of

the words to hit the payoff of information.

We have not stayed at this hotel but had a family friend that did. He is a single dad that took his two children on a cruise out of Miami. They had nothing but good things to say about the hotel. His children spent a lot of time in the hotel pool so they went up to the front desk and were given a handful of take-out delivery menus for dinner. They ended up ordering pizza and staying in the pool area. He was very happy with the staff, room, breakfast and shuttle the next morning. Ask the front desk at the hotel if the shuttle can take you somewhere quick to pick-up your pop and snacks. If they are not really busy I wouldn't think that they would mind. If not, a taxi would probably be the cheapest option.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1145136&highlight=la+quinta+airport+east+miami

It's not a bad place to stay, but it's a below average airport hotel in a particularly dreary and uninviting area. I don't think it's usually a particularly good value, although Miami hotel prices tend to jump up and down. The main reason cruisers stay here is for the free shuttle to the port. If avoiding the $30 cab ride to the port is important to your vacation finances, then it is a suitable choice. If not, stay elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the appeal is the free PARKING during a cruise, that's why I booked it a few years ago. Stayed there a few weeks ago just because I knew it was cheap and decent. We took a Taxi to a shopping area not far away for our supplies. If I fly again I'll find a more convenient hotel next time, great for the free parking during a cruise though.

I think the appeal is the free PARKING during a cruise, that's why I booked it a few years ago. Stayed there a few weeks ago just because I knew it was cheap and decent. We took a Taxi to a shopping area not far away for our supplies. If I fly again I'll find a more convenient hotel next time, great for the free parking during a cruise though.

Thanks, for the info...

I went ahead and booked it for $71.10 for 8/31. Still a long time away so, if I find something else cheap but, better I may change. As I said we literally just want somewhere too sleep (that's CLEAN)...probably wont make it to the hotel until 11p and leave as soon as possible!

You will not find anyplace in Miami cheaper and better. For a late arrival and early departure, this hotel will meet your needs. Good luck! :)

Thanks, but Good Luck sounds like I'm walking into the depths of H*** :)

This is a basic clean hotel...right?!? Just not in a desirable area???

My husband and inlaws think I'm a hotel snob. It doesn't have to be fancy but I wont tolerate dirty or visably questionable. I've wanted to puke at some of the places my inlaws made me stay at in the past and flat out refuse to stay at paces they want to stay at in the present.

So now that you understand how picky I am, I have no problem with this hotel. It's a little dated but clean and well maintained and great staff.

Thanks, but Good Luck sounds like I'm walking into the depths of H*** :)

This is a basic clean hotel...right?!? Just not in a desirable area???

It is a basic hotel and the area is near the airport and not very attractive (think gas stations & parking lots, not palm trees), but the Embassy Suites is only blocks away and the area will be fine for your needs. Have a good cruise! :)

Have stayed here 2x and for a one night pre cruise the hotel is just fine. As i recall many of the rooms where renovated 2 years ago. Now, if arriving at 10PM the night before the cruise it is likely you will not get on that 1st shuttle. When you check in you need to get your name on the shuttle manifest.

Have stayed here 2x and for a one night pre cruise the hotel is just fine. As i recall many of the rooms where renovated 2 years ago. Now, if arriving at 10PM the night before the cruise it is likely you will not get on that 1st shuttle. When you check in you need to get your name on the shuttle manifest.

I agree. Stayed twice pre-cruise. Very convenient with shuttles from airport and to the port.Good breakfast. Tons of cruise mates. Clean. We also ordered pizza and ate it by the pool. But getting there so late you will not be on the first shuttle. It's first come first served at check-in (they won't reserve your spot over the phone.)

I agree. Stayed twice pre-cruise. Very convenient with shuttles from airport and to the port.Good breakfast. Tons of cruise mates. Clean. We also ordered pizza and ate it by the pool. But getting there so late you will not be on the first shuttle. It's first come first served at check-in (they won't reserve your spot over the phone.)

I thought I read somewhere you can call the day of arrival and reserve the shuttle?

We stayed here last year and the hotel is nice, and the POM cruise shuttle worked great. Now can anyone tell me which car company is around the corner by the embassy suites and with in walking distance?

I thought I read somewhere you can call the day of arrival and reserve the shuttle?

Maybe things have changed, but this is what they told me I could do because my flight from seattle got in late - around 10pm. They told me to call the day I was to arrive. I did on my way to the airport. This was in december of 09.

Maybe things have changed, but this is what they told me I could do because my flight from seattle got in late - around 10pm. They told me to call the day I was to arrive. I did on my way to the airport. This was in december of 09.

I called and they said you can call the day of arrival....

Archived