Voyager Cabin Selection

Long time Princess cruiser here who wants to sail on RC next time - I have my eye on a cruise on the Voyager and want to book during the sale tomorrow.

We like to be near the elevators (husband has difficulties walking). I'm looking at the bumpout (hump?) cabins on decks 6, 7 and 8. Can you tell me if any deck is preferable to the others in this part of the ship? The prices vary only slightly between them. I can't tell if the atrium/promenade area is open on those levels, so I was wondering if there is more noise from below on 6 as opposed to 8 for example. Also, is there a difference in balcony size between cabins in that area, depending on which deck?

Thanks for any input.

That's a very convenient location...you will have no additional noise there. Pick a deck closest to where you think you'll spend most of your time...it's just easier that way!

No cabin hallway is open to public areas. There is no difference in size of the balcony or cabin because of the "hump" on Voyager class ships.

Stayed in 9614 in Jan. It is a JS. Very nice. Sons were in 9612, a D1. Also nice. They are on the port side midship, right around the corner from the elevators. 2 decks down from windjammer. They are in the beginning of the hump. Only drawback, if it is important, is they are connecting cabins.

Stayed in a D1 on Deck 6 on Adventure last year and have almost the same cabin again on Voyager later this year - just aft of the bump out.

We loved the cabin and actually preferred the steel section of the balcony. It made no difference whatsoever and actually provided some much needed shade. You still get sea views when on the balcony and I could still see the waves from my bed too!

Just one floor down to the promenade and close enough to the lifts as well.

Karen

Archived