Info needed for 11 night cruise

Hi

We are going to be on an 11 night Canaries trip next year on Independece (I know it's a long way in the future but I LOVE to plan!!!:D)

I would like to know how many formal nights there are and roughly when they fall within the cruise.

Also, I think I've read about a $25 all in the bag laundry service - have I dreamed that or can someone fill me in please?

Thanks for all your help

Carol :)

There will be 2, possibly 3 formal nites on an 11 night cruise. We have had both, apparently the decision for the 3rd formal night is the cruise directors and Captains, so you never know.

The laundry bag is a plastic bag and everything you can fit in will be washed and folded for $25. You cannot put in anything that needs ironing, so it really is good for underwear, T shirts, nightwear, socks, etc., anything that doesn't need ironing. I hope you are a Crown & Anchor member, as the coupon for that bag is in the coupon book, so if you haven't signed up, please do so and you'll get the coupon. I don't know if it's offered to people who are not Crown & Anchor members, I just know there is a coupon in the book.

Have a wonderful cruise.....

Is the first formal night always the second night?

We are doing a 12 night med cruise in June and have a port stop on the first full day. We thought maybe that they might delay the formal night as we'd heard they are always on sea days.

Appreciate any help. This is our first cruise and I might be over analysing a bit but I really want to make the most of it!

Thank you both for your swift replies...

Yes, billsgal we are C&A members - desperately crawling our way to Platinum (would have been there with the old system by the end of August but needed another 8 points...hence booking the 11 nighter :D)

Love the coupon booklet - buy 1 wine get another free etc...!!

The 1st formal night is always on night 2...the last should be the 10 night... You may have a "smart casual" or two night, as well.

It is always on night 2 except when it isn't. :rolleyes: Under most circumstances, especially if the first day of the cruise is a sea day or the ship's time in port is a shortened one, night two is when the first formal night is scheduled. However, we have been on a few cruises which were quite port intensive at the beginning and the first formal night was delayed until there was a sea day. The Trip Planner that RCI has been distributing at the beginning of the cruise should provide you with a schedule indicating which nights will be formal and when various activities (Love and Marriage game, Quest, Ice Shows etc.) will take place.

It is always on night 2 except when it isn't. :rolleyes: Under most circumstances, especially if the first day of the cruise is a sea day or the ship's time in port is a shortened one, night two is when the first formal night is scheduled. However, we have been on a few cruises which were quite port intensive at the beginning and the first formal night was delayed until there was a sea day. The Trip Planner that RCI has been distributing at the beginning of the cruise should provide you with a schedule indicating which nights will be formal and when various activities (Love and Marriage game, Quest, Ice Shows etc.) will take place.

Thank you

Hi

We are going to be on an 11 night Canaries trip next year on Independence (I know it's a long way in the future but I LOVE to plan!!!:D)

I would like to know how many formal nights there are and roughly when they fall within the cruise.

Also, I think I've read about a $25 all in the bag laundry service - have I dreamed that or can someone fill me in please?

Thanks for all your help

Carol :)

Hello, fellow Carol!

I *just* got back from that very cruise!

There were three formal nights.

Nights #2, 5 & 9.

Yes, there is a $25 fill-a-bag laundry special. It will probably be on Day 6 or 7. It will be in the Cruise Compass and your cabin steward will put the bag and the form on your bed.

Hello, fellow Carol!

I *just* got back from that very cruise!

There were three formal nights.

Nights #2, 5 & 9.

Yes, there is a $25 fill-a-bag laundry special. It will probably be on Day 6 or 7. It will be in the Cruise Compass and your cabin steward will put the bag and the form on your bed.

Hello to you too fellow cruiser Carol :D

Thanks for the info about the formal nights and the laundry bag - gonna need that one with my boys....!

Hope you had a fab time - I just love Indy :D

Archived