What do we do in Cozumel?

TBOTZON

For those who have done a lot in the Cozumel area we are not sure what to do.

We are snorkeling in Grand Cayman and Roatan so I don't think Cozumel is going to have much more to offer in the snorkeling dept.

We get bored laying around on a beach and like to explore and see things. We are fairly active and like water sports, hiking, etc. Anyone have any suggestions on what we can do?

You can swim with dolphins if you wanna spend the money:). it's hard to say because you can do it cheap or expensive. why don't you check out some of the many websites that offer excursions in cozumel. for example, cozumel-tours dot com, cozumelcruiseexcursions dot com (island marketing), thisiscozumel dot com/tours, and others. I'm sure you'll be able to find SOMETHING. Cozumel is great! you can hang out at a beach club where they offer other activities.

Yes they are restaurants/bars, but more well-known for their party atmosphere. I never had the food at this carlos n charlies, but can attest to having a GREAT time there before getting back on the ship. We didn't want to leave.

We just got back from Cozumel last week. We booked an independent excursion with www.cozumelsailing.com

Dan was great and we had a semi-private day sailing. They took us to 2 different snorkel spots, a private beach, yummy lunch and drinks were included. They even arranged for a taxi to get us back to our ship in PLENTY of time!

It was a terrific value and I would highly recommend this to anyone going to Cozumel.

Good luck.

We just got back from Cozumel last week. We booked an independent excursion with www.cozumelsailing.com

Dan was great and we had a semi-private day sailing. They took us to 2 different snorkel spots, a private beach, yummy lunch and drinks were included. They even arranged for a taxi to get us back to our ship in PLENTY of time!

It was a terrific value and I would highly recommend this to anyone going to Cozumel.

Good luck.

This sounds wonderful. Do you leave on the sailing directly from the cruise ship peir, or do you have to take a taxi somewhere? Also, how was the beach...did it have soft sand, clear water and overall would it be a good place for kids to play? Finally, how much was it per person?

Thanks!!!

Cozumel Bar Hop:D

You mean there's things to do in Cozumel other than beach bar hops and pub crawls? :confused: Go figure.

But seriously, @TBOTZON, if you've never rented a jeep and hit the east side of the island, you may enjoy taking in the scenery. Take your time and stop at some of the restaurants or beach bars for lunch or refreshments.

If you want something a little different, consider taking the ferry to Playa del Carmen. Take a brief stroll on Quinta Avenida for shopping, then head toward the beach for lunch. You'll also find several places for massages on the beach. The prices are not bad. Just make sure you check the ferry schedule so you get back to Cozumel in time to re-board your ship.

Mike

We just got back from Cozumel off the Crown Princess last week. I found this amazing cooking class on Tripadvisor

http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com/Page...ngClasses.html

You meet Josefina at her studio in downtown Cozumel. You discuss what you want to cook that day and then walk with her a few blocks to a local market and she buys the ingredients. Then you walk back and assist her with cooking the meal. It was a fabulous experience.

The food was great and we learned a lot. She is a fascinating woman.

One place I know my wife and I would be sure to hit would be Carlos n Charlies. Another place would be Senor Frog's, great places and great fun.

Your high points in Cozumel will be 2 chain restaurants. Interesting.

DON

I will be going to Cozumel for the first time this summer, and booked the Amazing Cozumel Race excursion through the cruise ship. You can check out their website at theamazingcozumelrace dot com

if your ship offers an excursion to TULUM (ruins)...GO- its AMAZING ...LONG DAY but so worth it!! check out the posts on CC for TULUM!!!

Great beach, too. But it sure would be a long day.

Mike

Archived