9 p.m. sailaway-When is muster?

jenny368

We are sailing from Ensenada to Hawaii on the Infinity on 3/27/05. We have a 9 p.m. sailaway. I was just curious when muster will be. Usually they have done it 30 minutes before sailaway but we have never left as late as 9 p.m. I was thinking that this would interfere with late seating dinner. Does anyone know when they do muster on a 9 p.m. sail away?

Not sure how Celebrity handles muster/late sailaway, but on Princess we have had muster drill just before sailaway on one occasion, and the next day on another (international law requires muster drill within 24hrs of sailing, I believe).

Thanks for your input Druke. I did some further research and this is what I came up with:

"On voyages that will last more than one week, the first drill will be held before the ship gets underway (passengers who embark at the last minute sometimes miss this drill), with additional drills at least once a week thereafter. On voyages of one week or less, the drills must be held within 24 hours after leaving port."

So, since our cruise is 10 nights we have to do muster BEFORE sailaway. Anyone else got any experience on when muster will be prior to sailing on a 9 p.m. sailaway?

Last November on our 10 day Infinity Hawaii cruise our sailaway was at midnight and the muster drill was held at 5:30pm. I think there was another drill held the next day for those who missed the first one.

Jenny,

We're on the cruise after you and when I called Celebrity to find out when the muster drill, the rep told me that the rule of thumb is 90 minutes prior to sailaway.

HTH!

Anita

We were on the Legend of the Seas, 11 day cruise to Hawaii, 14 months ago and we didn't leave Ensenada until after 11 PM (leaving was postponed because of a bus of people who arrived late in San Diego) The muster wasn't until the next morning. Also, we only had one muster in the 11 days.

I am on a San Juan 11PM sailing and called Celebrity to find out. Reply was I will find out when I get aboard!!! Each Caprtain does it his way. I assume they did not know. I would hate to have to stay up that late and THEN traipse out to the Muster Station.

Gene in Birmingham

Last November on our 10 day Infinity Hawaii cruise our sailaway was at midnight and the muster drill was held at 5:30pm. I think there was another drill held the next day for those who missed the first one.

Hi!!!

Haven't seen you here for a long time. I hope you had a good cruise on Infinity! How did you like Celebrity?

How does it compare to your Princess cruises?

Hi Tatka! We had a great cruise on the Infinity. We had a beautiful Sky suite with a wonderful butler who took very good care of us, especially when I came down with an awful sore throat. I really enjoyed Celebrity - the food and service was great. My only complaint with Celebrity was the evening entertainment, I didn't think there was enough variety. I think Celebrity and Princess are very comparable and would definitely go on a Celebrity cruise again! We're using our future booking credit with Princess to go to the Mexican Riviera next November. Didn't you go there last year? Let me know how it was!

Hope everything is well with you and your family. :)

Jean

Archived