Bringing bottled water and soft drinks on board

lladybug01

Does anyone know where we would be able to purchase some water and soft drinks before boarding the ship in Barcelona. We will be doing a city tour prior to boarding. Would it be likely that our driver would be willing to stop at a supermarket? This tour was booked through Celebrity, with pickup at the airport. I imagine it will be a coach with many people on it. Otherwise, will it be available for purchase at the port? Thanks

Yes, you will probably be on a large coach with a set itinerary and it probably will not be possible to add in a stop to purchase water. Your best bet might be to wait until the first port and bring water on board then.

Why take water on board? It will probably be made by reverse osmosis, and that's the same water in your tap on board.

Lots of people buy water to take to Mexico. Walmart 30 miles from there for a whilefeatured bottled water, 'Bottled in Mexico'. Go figure. :confused:

Good point. I don't know why I would take water on board. I guess from reading everyone's post it's the thing to do! I will probably take nothing on board, rack up a huge bill for beverages, and wish I had bought a drinks package!

Since we are getting ready for our first Celebrity experience as we sail June 7 from Barcelona on the Solstice, am I correct to understand that we can bring on the ship our own soft drinks, bottled water, etc.? Unlike the wine/liquor limits, it's OK, right? I like certain types of bottled water (with gas) that are probably not offered on the ship and don't like paying an inflated ship pricing. In the rooms, am I right that the staff will provide ice in a bucket as we need it?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 39,380 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

I have never sailed with Celebrity, buit it is my understanding that we can bring 2 bottles of wine and any other non-alcoholic beverages we choose. I just don't expect that Air Canada will want to ship them for me!

I always take my own water onboard as well as my preferred soft drink.

It seems that every time I drink the ships water after a few days my ankles and feet swell up so I absolutely do believe there is more sodium in that water. Since I have been taking my own water, I have not had the swelling at all. We don't purchase the drink packages; it also saves lots of $$$$ as I drink a lot of liquid. JMO We still have a fairly large bar bill at the end of the cruise but for us it works out better then the beverage package.

Terry, yes you can take your own bottled water aboard and the cabin steward will bring you ice -- they normally put fresh ice in the bucket in the morning and evening, but if you need it more often, you just call for it.

Terry, yes you can take your own bottled water aboard and the cabin steward will bring you ice -- they normally put fresh ice in the bucket in the morning and evening, but if you need it more often, you just call for it.

THANKS for the updated info and details. Very helpful! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 39,420 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Oh yes.. we bring our own water and soda also!! Having our bottles of water on ICE in our little rolling ice chest is so refreshing when we get back to the cabin. The little refridgerators never get our drinks as cold as we like them. The room attendant does such a good job keeping ice on them all day.

But as Cruisestitch stated being in a large coach with a schedule it is highly unlikely that they will make a stop. But you never know! If for some reason it works out for you be sure to have some tape so you can secure a luggage tag onto your case of water/soda, unless you want to lug it onboard.

Archived