POA-Owner's Suites Floorplans?

Has anyone ever stayed in an Owner's Suite on the POA? NCL is showing decks 8 and 10 available for my sailing, but the shape of the cabins on deck 8 is very different than the ones on deck 10. The floorplan on NCL's website is consistent with the deck 10 suites.

Can anyone describe the layout on deck 8?

We were in the portside one (8500?). When you walked in you faced the door to the half bath. Turn right and you are in the living/dining area, really big. If you go straight thru, you are on the balcony which has a small area looking out but is a big balcony with the hot tub. The differrence between ours and deck 10 is the metal structure hides the hot tub, so you don't get the side, but boy do you get privacy! While you are standing in the living room looking towards the balcony you can turn left into the bedroom which also has an entrance to the balcony. Thru the bedroom into a large dressing area where the hangers for clothes are. Thru that is the huge bathroom with garden tub, sep shower and toilet as well as 2 sinks.

Hope this helps!

We were in the portside one (8500?). When you walked in you faced the door to the half bath. Turn right and you are in the living/dining area, really big. If you go straight thru, you are on the balcony which has a small area looking out but is a big balcony with the hot tub. The differrence between ours and deck 10 is the metal structure hides the hot tub, so you don't get the side, but boy do you get privacy! While you are standing in the living room looking towards the balcony you can turn left into the bedroom which also has an entrance to the balcony. Thru the bedroom into a large dressing area where the hangers for clothes are. Thru that is the huge bathroom with garden tub, sep shower and toilet as well as 2 sinks.

Hope this helps!

That sounds fabulous! We have never cruised before, so I am soaking up all of this information, and I'm bursting with questions!

We have two kids (13 and 12) who would sleep in the living room, so it sounds like this layout would provide lots of privacy for Mom and Dad.

Did you miss having a side view? Were you able to use the deck while the ship was underway, or was it too windy? Did you use the hot tub lots?

We liked the front view, better to see the lava flow from a distance! Not too windy, but because of the steel structure we had to stand up to see out. Hot tub was great!! It actually worked better than the garden tub, the water got hotter a lot faster.

I am confused by your comment though. When we were in it, the sofa did not open up and the room was listed for only 2. Has that changed so you have have 4 in the cabin now? A few years ago we were in what was an AC at the time (cabin 9500?) and that had an area with a master bed and bath and a separate area with door that had another bathroom and bedroom that slept 2 or 3 I think.

I wonder if I am giving you wrong information based on the new classifications that NCL has now....

We liked the front view, better to see the lava flow from a distance! Not too windy, but because of the steel structure we had to stand up to see out. Hot tub was great!! It actually worked better than the garden tub, the water got hotter a lot faster.

I am confused by your comment though. When we were in it, the sofa did not open up and the room was listed for only 2. Has that changed so you have have 4 in the cabin now? A few years ago we were in what was an AC at the time (cabin 9500?) and that had an area with a master bed and bath and a separate area with door that had another bathroom and bedroom that slept 2 or 3 I think.

I wonder if I am giving you wrong information based on the new classifications that NCL has now....

I believe (although I'm a newbie at all of this) that after May 7, the suites will all have sofa beds in them. On the NCL website, they show that they accommodate 2-4. I'm assuming that we could get a rollaway bed, so that the kids wouldn't have to share the sofa bed.

I am glad to hear they have gotten smart about allowing more people! We thought it was a HUGE waste of space to only allow 2 people in that big cabin. BTW there is a TV in the living room as well as the bedroom, so that will be nice for you guys as well!

Enjoy!

James - if you see this, is there much difference between 10000 and 11500 (11000)? If there a benefit to being more on the side of the ship instead of the front?

Thanks for your help

The Jacuzzi tub is larger on 11500 but 10000 is my fav cabin on the ship. It has a window in the balcony looking over the bow and its just a very sunny, bright cabin. You will feel the wind though when the ship is at sea! Hope this helps.

James

James - thank you for the quick reply. Is the wind on 10000 when you're at the railing or even when one is stretched out on a lounger:D?

The lower half of the balcony rail is glass so you wont feel it while enjoying your chair. :)

The lower half of the balcony rail is glass so you wont feel it while enjoying your chair. :)

Hey, James, will you be back on the POA in September?:confused: Sure hope so!:) Would love to be able to meet you in person. We'll be in Owner's Suite #12502. Hope it's a nice one since we didn't have much choice when we booked!

Do you know if they're replacing the current sofas in the living room areas with hide-a-beds?:confused:

I'm not sure. I just know from looking at the various suites on several of the ships some have moved to 4 person occupancy.

I'd think we would start to hear some feedback as those changes seemed to go into effect roughly for dates starting early May. The only other info on sleeping on the pullout beds has been for the DOS on the Star which someone said was on the smaller side.

James - one last question - is this one of those cabins that has to draw curtains at night so as not to confuse the bridge?

You've been very helpful - thank you.

I do believe it does. It's great sitting on those Balconies at night because you can see so many stars. Enjoy it!

Hey, James, will you be back on the POA in September?:confused: Sure hope so!:) Would love to be able to meet you in person. We'll be in Owner's Suite #12502. Hope it's a nice one since we didn't have much choice when we booked!

Hi Sandy,

Looks like I will be onboard till Oct 1st so looks like we can meet. :-)

Deck 12 is very nice and quiet, good choice.

Hello!

I booked cabin 12502. Can you tell me anything about it? Is the balcony private? Perhaps who the butler will be the month of June?

Thanks so much!

VB

Hi Veronica,

The balcony is private and its very large. No guess on the Butler now because they can change each week. Enjoy the suite you will love it!

James

Archived