Mariner GS question

Just found out we we able to upgrade to GS (& get more OBC) since prices dropped a large amount (after final payment) but I now have questions since first time in GS.

Been reading that GS gets full breakfast, lunch and/or dinner in room as room service. If my brother & his spouse, who are 3 doors down, want to join us, can they? Do they check & see only 3 adults are booked in the room therefore only 3 meals could be ordered/delivered? Also, since we will be doing things as a family can they 'tag' along to other ammenities we are offered. I know they will probably not be allowed in Conc. Lounge but what about the shows, pool deck, ect? This is all new being in a GS so any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You can order as much food as you want for in suite dining, so yes, they can join you for that. Theater seating is opened about 5-10 minutes before shows for anyone to sit in that area if seats are available. I've not seen the pool seating anywhere near full, but I would not presume to invite others not in Suites to join me there. Of course, no to the concierge lounge.

You can order as much food as you want for in suite dining, so yes, they can join you for that. Theater seating is opened about 5-10 minutes before shows for anyone to sit in that area if seats are available. I've not seen the pool seating anywhere near full, but I would not presume to invite others not in Suites to join me there. Of course, no to the concierge lounge.

Just wondering, we too are in a GS for the first time. With regard to the theatre seating, what if more people with the reserved seating perk arrive, is it first come first served??

Thank you. Very much looking forward to our GS. My husband a little worried I may not want to cruise in anything else after that!!!:D

Just wondering, we too are in a GS for the first time. With regard to the theatre seating, what if more people with the reserved seating perk arrive, is it first come first served??

Thank you. Very much looking forward to our GS. My husband a little worried I may not want to cruise in anything else after that!!!:D

The section in the theater that is roped off is first come first served for suite guests until 10 minutes before each perfomance. When they take down the ropes anyone can sit there and there is no longer any preference for suite guests/ As soon as the attendants who police the area remove the ropes they move on to other duties. They do check for gold cards when it is roped off and I saw them turn away friends of suite guests. They just sat back a few rows and as soon as the ropes were down they moved to sit with their friends/family members. After a day or so they greeted us by name and didn't ask to see the Gold cards.

Unfortunately, no guests in the CL unless they are also in a GS or above. We chose not to get the GS when traveling with my FIL since he could not enjoy the perks with us. He always took an inside across the hall from our JS. We didn't feel it was right to leave him alone nor try to sneak him in anywhere for the perks.

DH is right to be worried. My DH liked it so much he won't go RCCL unless in a GS or above. I'm thrilled it was his decision and will be happy to join him.

The section in the theater that is roped off is first come first served for suite guests until 10 minutes before each perfomance. When they take down the ropes anyone can sit there and there is no longer any preference for suite guests/ As soon as the attendants who police the area remove the ropes they move on to other duties. They do check for gold cards when it is roped off and I saw them turn away friends of suite guests. They just sat back a few rows and as soon as the ropes were down they moved to sit with their friends/family members. After a day or so they greeted us by name and didn't ask to see the Gold cards.

Unfortunately, no guests in the CL unless they are also in a GS or above. We chose not to get the GS when traveling with my FIL since he could not enjoy the perks with us. He always took an inside across the hall from our JS. We didn't feel it was right to leave him alone nor try to sneak him in anywhere for the perks.

DH is right to be worried. My DH liked it so much he won't go RCCL unless in a GS or above. I'm thrilled it was his decision and will be happy to join him.

Thank you for your info. Lets hope my dh feels the same as yours!! I am sure he will love all the suite perks too. Unfortunately next year we are booked on the Indy in a D1 (well, I dont really mean unfortunately at all!) and the prices of the GS's are way too steep at the moment, and generally they stay like that on her). I will make the most of this one!

Happy cruising :)

Thanks for replying....will let my brother know if need be (parents too tired after touring all day) we can all still enjoy dinner together. I too am afraid I will not even want to go back to a JS let alone a cat D balcony!!!! Will make most of this trip as well.

Tina

You may find it tight for five people to dine in any room on the Mariner except for the Royal Suite. We had four in an Owner's Suite and all four eating diner was tight at the dining table. We were able to have breakfast comfortably on the balcony table. I'm not sure if the balcony table in a GS is the same size but am pretty sure the dining table is designed for only two or three at the most.

Archived