Best Adult Cruise?

Britty36

Ok, so I have posted on here about going on a family cruise this coming December but that has fallen through. With all of my husband's nursing school expenses and graduation expenses, and with us having to get a vehicle with A LOT better mpg....we just can't afford it! So....my husband has said that sometime in 2012 we WILL go on a cruise BUT....by ourselves!! What adult cruises do you recommend? Also, I'm sorry if this sounds bad but, my mom has already paid for my daughter to go on the cruise with her in December BUT the original agreement was "she goes if we go" and now that we're not going...? My husband has told my mom that we'll pay her for what it would have cost my daughter to go. Does this sound reasonable to you?

Britty36, other than maybe a non based USA cruise line none of the other cruise lines offer adult only cruises. The luxury lines will have less children on many of their ships but the cost of the cruise will be high. The longer the cruise the less children as well.

If you want less children then the time of the year is a very big factor. Look for a cruise say late January and into February and also in late September and October for far fewer children.

Keith

P&O is the only company that has adult only ships, and they don't generally cruise in this part of the world. If you want to fly to Southampton, that's generally where those ships are.

If you want less kids, cruise only when school is in session, take a cruise of 10 days or longer, or cruise with lines like Celebrity, Holland America, Princess or one of the luxury lines. Stay away from Carnival, NCL, Royal Caribbean, Costa and Disney because they attract loads of kids even when they're supposed to be in school.

Britty- P&O have just taken over a small ship from Princess, to be called Adonia. Next winter she'll be sailing a series of cruises around South America, and will be touching the USA on one of them. She's going to be a step or two up from the usual main lines cruise ships, including P&O, and will be the newest adult only ship. I believe she's also booking up fast...:rolleyes:

Jo.

Britty- P&O have just taken over a small ship from Princess, to be called Adonia.

Jo.

So that is where the Royal Princess went:)

Love those R-ships will have to have a look at P & O

Thanks

Ok, so I have posted on here about going on a family cruise this coming December but that has fallen through. With all of my husband's nursing school expenses and graduation expenses, and with us having to get a vehicle with A LOT better mpg....we just can't afford it! So....my husband has said that sometime in 2012 we WILL go on a cruise BUT....by ourselves!! What adult cruises do you recommend? Also, I'm sorry if this sounds bad but, my mom has already paid for my daughter to go on the cruise with her in December BUT the original agreement was "she goes if we go" and now that we're not going...? My husband has told my mom that we'll pay her for what it would have cost my daughter to go. Does this sound reasonable to you?

The December cruise is so far away that your mother should be able to easily cancel your daughter's booking and get her money back. I guess my answer is that, based on what you've explained, no it does not sound reasonable. Is there some reason your mom can't get a refund for your daughter's fare? I don't understand why you should pay your mom for a cruise your daughter won't even be taking. Could you clarify?

beachchick

If you are going to have to pay for her anyway why not let her go with grandma?? However if this is a US booking you should still be able to cancel the whole thing if grandam doesn't want to go on her own.

Ok I had just re read that - why are you so anti letting your daughter go with Grandma on her own. Is it because you cannot go? You say you cannot afford to go yourself now but why would you pay for something and then not let your daughter go with Grandma - that makes no sence. Tell daughter she can go with Grandma but you will be cruising on your own next year. You are paying for it so let her go YOU are getting your cruise next year - and as you say with out her so why not allow her the trip with Grandma???

Archived