Opinions on Aft cabins-deck 8 Gem

tinker

Has anyone had experience with an aft cabin on deck 8 of the Gem. Friends of ours just booked one for their first cruise and the NCL rep mentioned it is right under the night club and bowling alley.

Do you think it will be noisy and any other opinions on comments on this cabin location appreciated.

Thanks!

We had an AE on deck 8 last fall also. On two different nights, we could definitely hear the music, or perhaps I should just say heavy bass from the music, from Bliss beneath us. But that wouldn't stop me from booking this cabin again...it was one of the best accommodations we have ever had!

TracyE

I agree with TracyE, you can hear the music (mostly bass) from Bliss, but I didn't think it was bad. My wife and I sailed on the Gem last year, I don't remember the stateroom number, but it was one of the aft suites on deck 8.

It better be GREAT because that's why I am on your Gem sailing. ;) I tried every sailing until I found one available AFT B1 and it wasn't until I got to Oct 2nd that I found one. :D

We love AFT cabins on RCI, love being at the back of the ship, no one is around. And yes, we can usually hear the lounge music on RCI ships too but once you go inside and shut the door you can't hear anything else.

So I was determined to try an AFT on Gem. :)

The answer has always been you can just hear the base a little. That was not the case in January. You could hear every word of the late night guest DJ. DANCE DANCE DANCE at 2:00 am. You could sing along to every song. It may have just been this DJ cranking it up.

Solution the first night the front desk offered ear plugs. The third night after a comment to the Captain at dinner security stopped by after another call to the front desk. His comment sitting in the room " this is not good".

They made some changes in Bliss in the last dry dock so feedback on noise from last year is no longer Valid. My view they need a new category for deck 8 aft starboard cabins - night owl cabins.

The resolution to the problem. Free dinners at Cagney's.

Archived