Laundry

Hi all...was just curious if anyone knows what Regent charges for sending Laundry out to them to be done. I know there are washing machines on board, but have read that they are quite busy and really dont want to stress about getting an open machine to do a load or go at crazy hours to do laundry. If it wasn't too rediculous I figure I will have our laundry done by Regent when we go on our Med Cruise on Mariner. Certainly dont want to pay more to do a pair of socks than the socks cost like at many European hotels! Any info on what they charge would be helpful. Thanks!

Hi all...was just curious if anyone knows what Regent charges for sending Laundry out to them to be done. I know there are washing machines on board, but have read that they are quite busy and really dont want to stress about getting an open machine to do a load or go at crazy hours to do laundry. If it wasn't too rediculous I figure I will have our laundry done by Regent when we go on our Med Cruise on Mariner. Certainly dont want to pay more to do a pair of socks than the socks cost like at many European hotels! Any info on what they charge would be helpful. Thanks!

I don't remember the charges, but you will never, ever get better laundry service...land or sea.

The washers and dryers have always worked for me..and since I'm always up early, I have yet to find all the machines in use.

Yes, they do charge for sending laundry out. They also charge for dry cleaning.

The charge is fairly modest, as I remember. I've never had socks or undies done, I usually just rinse them out myself in the sink, or do a small load of laundry. Somebody can probably post a price list; I seem to remember a man's shirt being $4 or $5.

Below is the list posted on my TA's website. I believe it to be current.

Articles collected after 9am will be delivered the following morning.

A 6-hour express service is available at a surcharge of 100%. The following pricing is subject to change.

Ladies

1st price is Pressing

2nd price is Laundry and Pressing

3rd price is Dry Cleaning and Pressing

2 Piece Suit

$6.50

$9.00

3 Piece Suit

$8.00

$11.00

$14.50

Blouse

$4.00

$5.00

$8.00

Bra

$2.00

$3.50

Cardigan

$3.00

$4.50

$5.00

Dress

$5.50

$8.00

$11.00

Evening Dress

$7.50

$9.50

$14.50

Fitness Wear

$2.50

$3.50

Handkerchief

$1.00

$1.50

$2.00

Jacket

$5.00

$7.00

$9.50

Jeans

$3.50

$4.50

$6.00

Nightgown

$3.00

$4.50

$7.00

Pajamas

$3.00

$5.50

$7.00

Polo Shirt

$2.00

$3.00

$6.00

Scarf

$2.50

$3.50

$5.50

Stockings/Panty Hose

$2.00

Shorts

$2.00

$3.50

$6.00

Skirt

$3.00

$5.00

$7.50

Socks

$1.50

Sweater

$3.00

$5.50

$11.00

Swimsuit

$2.00

Trousers

$3.50

$5.50

$8.00

T-shirt

$2.00

$2.50

$4.00

Underwear

$1.00

$1.50

$2.00

Gentlemen

Pressing

Laundry and Pressing

Dry Cleaning and Pressing

2 Piece Suit

$6.50

$9.00

$12.00

3 Piece Tuxedo

$8.00

$14.00

Formal Shirt

$3.50

$4.50

$6.50

Handkerchief

$1.00

$1.50

$2.00

Jacket

$5.00

$7.00

$9.50

Jeans

$3.50

$4.50

$6.00

Pajamas

$3.00

$5.50

$7.50

Polo Shirt

$2.00

$3.00

$6.00

Shirt

$2.00

$3.00

$6.00

Shorts

$2.00

$3.50

$6.00

Socks

$1.50

Sweater

$3.00

$4.50

$9.00

Swimsuit

$2.00

Tie

$3.00

$6.00

Trousers

$3.50

$5.50

$8.00

T-shirt

$2.00

$2.50 $4.00

Underwear

$1.50

$3.00

The only thing I would dispute in the above is that "articles collected before 9am will be delivered the following morning" -- I think the "policy" states "the following evening... and except in Butler suites I believe this is the case. At least that is what we have experienced.

In a Butler suite - no problem with same day service at no additional expense.

In a non-Butler suite - at the start of the voyage, things came back the same day, no extra cost. At the end of the voyage, they came back around 6pm the day following.

re: at the start of the voyage, things came back the same day, no extra cost. At the end of the voyage, they came back around 6pm the day following.

... this does not surprise me at all. Last year, I had an engine-room tour with Bjorn Johnssen (sp?) the chief engr (on Dag's last voyage with R), and when we were ready to go back abovedecks, Bjorn realized that he had extra time before his next duties, so took us through the crew's mess and the laundry.

That laundry!

It was the site of the most frenetic, concentrated work I've ever seen. That part of the ship, which most of us never see, is absolutely the busiest room on the whole ship, I'm certain (and it's a big room). They are of course laundering not just our requests, but every sheet from every bed every day, every napkin, et cetera ... I've never seen a Regent staffer work harder than _every_ individual in that space did.

And, those folks we never even see!!!!!

We are so privileged.

I was concerned about laundry cost for our 71 day cruise as we knew we would have to use the service.

We experienced both hot and cold weather on the cruise. We used the machines provided for washable items that didn't need to be ironed...I don't do that anymore:)! Really didn't have a problem getting a machine when needed...most of the time. Being flexible with the timing helps.

We sent things out to be done both - laundry and cleaning - about once a week for the 10 week cruise. I watched the charges as to compare with other lines. We spent on ave ~$80 a week.

At first it all came back by the next afternoon, but later some would not get back until the second day. Our stewardess got a little later picking it up, later in the cruise so that may have been the reason, but that wasn't a problem for us.

I've had great experience with free laundry as a perk. Send out one day, back the next afternoon. Before that, I never wanted to visit the laundry room except to press, so just packed more!

Sea around us, I believe it was AMEX, that used to have a cocktail "event" in the laundry room and other parts of deck 3 or below. I went to ones in crew bar and tea in crew mess, but never made it to the laundry room. Of course, we are blessed and privileged and lucky and every other word to describe being on these ships as a guest with such a wonderful crew.

Free laundry and free internet are the greatest perks. We use the free laundry perk on every line we have it. It will be awhile on Regent before we get the free laundry, though but the free internet is really nice!

Archived