Panraven Photo book from Princess

Paula B

After you buy 5 photos you pay $9.95 for shipping for a 36 page book. They have fliers right at the photo counter which say 36 pages. You have 60 days from debarking to complete your book. Your steward brings your account number and instructions to sign in to your cabin by the end of the cruise. I have not done mine yet, so can't tell you how it was to do it. Hope this helps!

That's good to know that Princess & Panraven have finally decided to produce a flyer informing passengers about what is being purchased. Previously it was only given verbally without any standardization even on the same ship from different employees.

Now we'll have to decide if we want to buy any of their photos to get a 'free' 36 page book. Our cost for a 100 page book in November 2009 was the same net cost as their current 36 page promotion. With the cost for a 100 page book now costing nearly $200 we'll explore less expensive photo book options. We do enjoy the preset pages on the cruise that can be modified but the cost may now be too expensive. Originally purchased photos were digitally added to our Panraven account to use but now we have to buy a memory stick to have them downloaded or to scan a reduced quality image at home. IMHO that's really being cheap because to add a digital photo to the book costs them practically nothing. Instead they require you to purchase their memory stick which is just a tactic to sell more memory sticks. :rolleyes:

After purchase, we had to return later to get our recept with a confirmation number after our purchase had been put into the Panraven system. An email to Panraven should hopefully be able to locate your purchase. Hope everyone enjoys their cruise photo book even if it's one third the size for the same cost as our last one in November 2010. :rolleyes:

We did one last year with HAL, we started the order process on the ship and by the time we got home our basic book was ready with our purchased photos already in it and ready for us to insert our own and move things around. We kept most of the text - as it was better than we could have thought up and just added photos. It is a great way of re-living a brilliant cruise.

http://www.panraven.com/newstoryviewer/NewStoryViewer.html?storyId=166583

Sorry for putting a HAL ship on the Princess board - but it's Princess next year and I am reading up for then! ;)

After you buy 5 photos you pay $9.95 for shipping for a 36 page book. They have fliers right at the photo counter which say 36 pages. You have 60 days from debarking to complete your book. Your steward brings your account number and instructions to sign in to your cabin by the end of the cruise. I have not done mine yet, so can't tell you how it was to do it. Hope this helps!

How much is it for each photo? And can you copy and paste your own writing to the book? or do you have to type it in? It's a great idea but I don't know enough to know whether it's something I want to do. Thank you!

How much is it for each photo? And can you copy and paste your own writing to the book? or do you have to type it in? It's a great idea but I don't know enough to know whether it's something I want to do. Thank you!

We have 3 of the books & the photos are $19.95 for casual photos & $24.95 for formal ones. Depending upon your Captain's Circle level, the number of photos required to purchase to get the free 36 page book varies...3 for Elite, 4 for Platinum & 5 for everyone else. You can paste your own text into the Panraven book & can modify pages with their many options for composing your book. If sailing on a relatively short cruise, the 36 pages may be enough; for longer cruises you can add additional pages at $1 each.

We have 3 of the books & the photos are $19.95 for casual photos & $24.95 for formal ones. Depending upon your Captain's Circle level, the number of photos required to purchase to get the free 36 page book varies...3 for Elite, 4 for Platinum & 5 for everyone else. You can paste your own text into the Panraven book & can modify pages with their many options for composing your book. If sailing on a relatively short cruise, the 36 pages may be enough; for longer cruises you can add additional pages at $1 each.

Are the casual photos the ones that the photographers take of you? What about their stock photos like of the ship, are those considered as casual photo too? same price? Can I copy and paste graphics into it too? Thanks for all your help.

Archived