Panraven Photo book from Princess

Paula B

We were on the 14 day Golden Princess cruise to Hawaii this past Dec. 2010. We had a coupon for the photo book with Panravan for buying so many pictures. We got 50 pages and it was $1 extra for each pg. after. When we got back and was ready to make our book

it said only 36pg. I emailed them and told them I had a printed flyer from Princess and they asked me to email or fax it to them. They wrote back and set up on my account for the book with the 50 pages. I was very pleased with Panraven and I think I will have to make a few more books using them. If you would like to check out my book go to the link below .

I ended up with 78 pages.

http://www.panraven.com/storyviewer/StoryViewer.html?storyId=190203

We did the Panraven book on our Alaska cruise. We liked it so much, that the next February, I did a Panraven book for my son on his birthday, with pictures and text from our two cross-country trips in my '65 Mustang. It was a father-son trip of a lifetime, and now he has a nice hardcover book of the highlights. (And I had an extra copy printed for me.)

We got one too and got the extra pages! LOVED it plus it arrived quickly too! We changed almost all of the text and stock photos making it very personalized! I think it is one of our best souvenirs! I would recommend it to anyone (especially with the coupon and purchasing on board). ;)

I love my panraven book too. In fact my mother, who cruised with us, loved it so much she paid to have a copy printed for her. Funny enough, I had the same issue where I was told I had 50 pages by Princess and Panraven tried to charge me after page 36. I sent an email and they fixed it right away. I didn't even have to fax/mail a copy of the agreement. They were very accommodating.

Our daughter sailed with us to Hawaii in February. We had a wonderful time and I did the Panraven book using a combination of stock and personal photos and scanned in the professional pictures by Princess Photo shop. Had 2 copies made and gave one to our daughter for Mothers day. A truly special momento on the coffeee table to enjoy anytime, anyday.

The photo shop will have flyers printed out with a promotion that if you buy so many pictures on the ship it will be free. I believe you can buy the book but, it was nice to put some of the formal pictures in the book. It did take a lot of time to decide what pictures I wanted and putting in a few new chapters but, I love the book and they did a great job.

I only used a few of the pictures that they had but, the rest were my brother's and mine that we took.

Paula B

• 4 weeks later...

We purchased one last December-36pages-$9.95 after purchaseing 4/5 photos=we uploaded our own pictures and deleted ones in the book and added our own-had the album done in 2 days-received it promply-no problems at all!

When you buy pictures onboard the ship and buy the Panraven book, do they make those pictures available online to put in the book or do you have to scan them in?

They will put them on a CD for you. We had purchased several and gave them to the photo staff. We were able to pick up the photos and the CD the next day. We bought another photo close to the end of the trip and they were able to add that to the CD.

Brought back some great memories of Hawaii!

I thought I would share the one I received a couple of weeks ago. I had posted it before...but I thought I would post it here in this thread for those that were considering purchasing one on a future cruise. Mine ended up with just about the same # of pages!

I do like the free audio feature....I have a song attached to mine which is pretty cool and VERY easy to do. Obviously, the song doesn't play when you open up the hard copy photo album--ha!! Now THAT would be REALLY cool!

http://www.panraven.com/storyviewer/?storyId=201223

So how much do the photos cost to buy on the ship?

They're $20 for casual photos like those getting off the ship in port & $25 for others like formal photos. In the past, purchased photos were available online for the book but now only if you only buy their flash drive. I don't know if they charge to put them on a CD but don't think it's free.

While we enjoy the book, there's a big problem with fully disclosing what you get for the price. We've seperately asked 2 different photo employees at the same time & were given 2 different answers about the number of pages & how long you have to complete it. We've done 3 & only once had the conditions on the order form to truly know what we were purchasing. Being told verbally leads to a lot of confusion & is a problem that both Panraven & Princess know about but still won't put in writing. We spent a lot of time composing what we were told was at the time the standard 100 page book only to learn at checkout that it was only 38 pages & thus an additional $62.

Bottom line for us, a great book but a big hassle learning what is being purchased & we shouldn't have to contact Panraven to get what we're verbally told we're purchasing onboard. So until they put it in writing be aware that what you're told onboard isn't always what Panraven says you've purchased. :rolleyes:

We had a flier that show that with buying so many pictures that we would get a 50 page book from Panraven and when we went online it show 36 pg. We emailed them and I explain what the flier promotion had on it and all I had to do was email or fax the flier to them and they did a coupon and cedited it on my account. So be sure to keep a promotion flier to take home in case you have trouble. I was upset at first but, they were very helpful and the book is wonderful.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone just recently off the Caribbean Princess know what the current promotion for the Panraven book?

One thing I will have to remember on our next cruise is to make sure I keep a copy of the promotion flyer and/or get in writing from the sales person as to what is included. We were told 50 pages and then when I went to submit the book, I was only credited for 35 pages with nothing to backup what we were promised.

I just purchased the journal on my Alaska cruise. When I look at my receipt, the confrimation number is blank. Will Princess send me a confirmation number via email? Or, do I just log on to the order site without a confirmation number? Do I need to call Princess and get a confirmation number before I go on line? As you can see, I am confused :-) Thanks in advance for any information you can provide on this!!

I just purchased the journal on my Alaska cruise. When I look at my receipt, the confrimation number is blank. Will Princess send me a confirmation number via email? Or, do I just log on to the order site without a confirmation number? Do I need to call Princess and get a confirmation number before I go on line? As you can see, I am confused :-) Thanks in advance for any information you can provide on this!!

Princess will not send you anything since Panraven is a 3rd party supplier. At the time you signed up, did you provide an email address. I would set up an account at the Panraven website and your order may very well be there. If it is not, I would then send an email to Panraven's customer service.

I hope this helps!

Does anyone just recently off the Caribbean Princess know what the current promotion for the Panraven book?

One thing I will have to remember on our next cruise is to make sure I keep a copy of the promotion flyer and/or get in writing from the sales person as to what is included. We were told 50 pages and then when I went to submit the book, I was only credited for 35 pages with nothing to backup what we were promised.

After you buy 5 photos you pay $9.95 for shipping for a 36 page book. They have fliers right at the photo counter which say 36 pages. You have 60 days from debarking to complete your book. Your steward brings your account number and instructions to sign in to your cabin by the end of the cruise. I have not done mine yet, so can't tell you how it was to do it. Hope this helps!

Archived