Sapphire Princess, helpful tips, secrets, ideas, etc

2010_cruisers

Just off the Sapphire and I would do nothing to change to her (made some new carpet and chairs), she was beautiful and very well maintained. The ship was full and never seemed full..we thoroughly loved the Alaska cruise. Will they remove sky walkers, I did love that spot for evening cocktails.

Are there any dining rooms where there is a table for two that is by itself, as opposed to being a small table with other small tables on each side of it?

There are SOME tables for 2, not many. They seem to always go 1st, but like all types of restaurants, there is always some. It is more about timing. I hope you get what you want......but, I believe it is more about timing and availability. OK.

FUN - you said you just got off the Alaska cruise on the Sapphire. Do you know if Phoenix Rising (a musical group of 3 men) were still performing in one of the lounges there? They are very good.

I also heard that the Sapphire would be dryed docked the 1st of August, but I don't know how true that is.

Hmm. Let us clarify.

a) We are NOT just off this ship. We3 have NOT been on this ship, as of yet, we are only conducting research and gathering a meaty TIPS list-sheet for us and everyone else immediate and future use.

b) So I can NOT comment who are the actual performers or the ones you were asking about. They sound like someone you like a lot, and I bet they are good. *** I did post what I know as a fact um about 203 pages back.....under shows or entertainment, please look for that...message (please).

c) Lastly, I am told this ship is heading into dry dock in Jan 2012 (beginning of thew year) and no sooner, ok. Hope that helps, please.

Let it be noted...this is what a passenger posted in another thread that pretains to the Sapphire Princess:

• We bring our own quarters in case the machine is out so we don't have to go searching for working change machine.

• We also bring a couple of the Purex 3-in-1 sheets a few other posters mentioned.

• I like that it's not a liquid or powder and is a detergent that won't spill in our luggage. Plus the 3-in-1 sheets are a detergent, softener, and anti-static sheet. It also makes everything in the luggage smell nice as well.

Saruman

1) What are or were the teaching or educational course offerings

2) When did they do the wine tastings events and how many times

3) What really was open on Embarkation (as in a place to feed my family)

4) What were the SPA specials: on sea days and in port (please)

5) Did they hae any reduction in store purchases (last nite deals)

6) Did u notice ay or many people getting off and staying off the ship, when it arrived in Victoria.

7) Drink speals or offerings what were they

8) When was the love and marriage game or quest (do they do that on PCL), if so when and where

9) When did they do the Baked-Alaska Parade and do they do that in ALL the restaurets or not

10) Do they offer ay meet ups or meet and greets for first time PCL cruisers, or people with young families or anything like that...

Bonus question: What are some things you may have misseds ro forgot to mentio in your great review.....

Thank you so much for getting back to us....:)

BTW, I have all the Patters from 6/5-6/12, should anyone need details from them. No scanner at the moment, but will be happy to look anything up for the next day or so....:)

Hi Saruman from Isengard, What time is breakfast, second breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, supper and dinner?:)

You must be Hobbits. Second Breakfast, indeed!

But if this was a serious question,

I think Horizon court had coffee and pastries available by 5 AM, full breakfast at HC and dining rooms at 6 AM. HC open 24 HRs, sometimes closing one side or half of one side to switch over to the next meal. Dining room lunch 11 AM-2PM, I think....Afternoon Tea at 4...Dining room dinners 5:30 on.....24 HR room service...assorted goodies around the ship at odd most of the time somewhere. Even Pippin wouldn't go hungry!:D

You forgot Elevenses!

Edited by Saruman

Saruman

1) What are or were the teaching or educational course offerings

2) When did they do the wine tastings events and how many times

3) What really was open on Embarkation (as in a place to feed my family)

5) Did they hae any reduction in store purchases (last nite deals)

6) Did u notice ay or many people getting off and staying off the ship, when it arrived in Victoria.

7) Drink speals or offerings what were they

8) When was the love and marriage game or quest (do they do that on PCL), if so when and where

9) When did they do the Baked-Alaska Parade and do they do that in ALL the restaurets or not

10) Do they offer ay meet ups or meet and greets for first time PCL cruisers, or people with young families or anything like that...

Bonus question: What are some things you may have misseds ro forgot to mentio in your great review.....

Thank you so much for getting back to us....:)

Give me time to get all this! I'll get back to you!:D

Scholarship at Sea...none of which I did, so I cannot comment:

Ceramics @ Sea...on board kiln, $7

Creativity @Sea...journals, cards, origami "minimal fee"

Navigation@Sea...lecture & powerpoint presentation

Culinary Demo hosted by Maitre D and Exec Chef

Grapevine Wine Tasting... $9.50 (I lied. I did this. Decanting demo, tasting of 5 wines (Last at sea day)

Sommelier Wine Club...$25, tasting the high end wines, canapes (First at sea day)

Fruit and Veg. Carving Demo

Ice Carving Demo

Martini Demo..."selected free samples) no clue if these means selected passengers or selected martinis.

Zumba @Sea...3 qualified instructors

Ballroom Blitz Dance Class...Waltz and Swing

Line Dance & Polynesian Dance Class

Guest Lecturers : National Park Ranger, Dr. Thomas Ryan, naturalist, Libby Riddles (Iditerod sledder) and Janet Lee Fischer, Bridge teacher

who had various presentations throughout the cruise. (I think Libby R. came aboard at Juneau)

Edited by Saruman

Saruman

5) Did they hae any reduction in store purchases (last nite deals)ke that...

It seemed that something was ALWAYS on sale, especially towards the end. I think they started with leftover Mexican/Mediterranean itinerary branded T-shirts/hoodies...on last sea day, everything. Seems foolish to shop for such on the first few days, I'd think. Shopping wasn't on my TO-DO list, sorry!

Saruman

LOTS of folks got off at Victoria, many of them getting back just in the nick of time. Victoria is a beautiful city, and would move there in a heartbeat, if the property values weren't so high! If you don't do a tour, you should consider doing the shuttle into town and just walking. Lots of nightlife, and it's crime rate is quite low, even by Canadian standards. Very British.

All other questions will have to wait for a bit. Back later this evening to finish replying!

Edited by Saruman

Saruman

This is also NOT my thing, but I can, at least, read the Patter!

1st Day: Tours and a Raffle

2nd Day: Ionithermie Super Detox 50 min. $159

3rd Day: Top to Toe (massages & facials etc.) 75 min. Today only $139

4th Day: Melt Away Massage Today only $129

5th Day: Spa Taster (aromatherapy, massage, facial) $119

6th Day: 20-20-20 ( Pick 3 of assorted threatments) $119

7th Day:5 Steps to Heaven (skin brushing ????, massages, Aromatherapy Facial, Scalp Massage, Foot/Ankle massage) $99

Saruman

7) Drink specials or offerings

This is what the offered while I was aboard. They may change this each week, i don't know!

Sun.: Sailaway Macho Mango (Bacardi,, coconut rum, mango nectar, souvenir glass) $8.95

Mon.: Beverly Hills Iced Tea, Alaskan Chocolate Mudslide, Wine Flights w. cheese(in Lobby Bar only), Stardust martini at Crooners $9.95

souvenir glass, I think

Tues. : 24K 'Rita, Molten Glacier ( a chocolatey thing), Earshey's Kiss Martini in Crooners...w. glass

Wed. : Mojito $6.95, Ultimate Bloody Mary, Alaskan Amber (I love this!!!!) or Alsakan Summer Ale $4.75 Crooner's Sour Apple Martini $9.95

Thurs.: Ultimate Cooler (vodka, watermelon syrup, cranberry juice and passion fruit puree) $6.95

Fri.: Caipirihna (Braz.Cachaca ??, Lime & sugar syrup, or other flavors) $6.95, Frozen Grizzly bear (mint liqueur. choc. liq., choc. chips and Cram) $6.95 (What's with all this chocolate????)

Crooner's Milky Way Martini

Sat. : Raspberry Fizz (Absolut rasp., Chambord, Rasp. puree) $6.95, Ultimate Alaskan Coffee (w. Capt. Morgan, Maple syrup etc.), Crooner's Ole Blue Eyes Martini (Stoly and Blue Caracao)

Sun: Bromo seltzer

Edited by Saruman

Saruman

I'm not seeing this,but am sure there were at least two Newlywed, Oldywed type games

That happened at the second Formal Night. Alas, the flame is now fueld by a AA battery!

There were group meets for First timers, Vets, AA'S, Bridge players, GLBT, Rotarians and probably a meet for alien abductees!

If by missed you mean neglected to attend, I missed the pub lunches, although I have done them on previous cruises. If you mean miss as in regret they do not do, I miss meeting the tour groups in the theater and going out in a group. If I forgot to mention anything in my review, I think I have still forgotten!

Best advice, though: Let SOMETHING be a surprise, huh? isn't that half of the fun????:D

Edited by Saruman

Saruman,

I am new to Princess-just curious-how do you know and rememeber so much? I am totally impressed and appreciate your responses and the time it took-thanks to you and 2010 cruiser and everyone else for the info on Sapphire Princess for us and all the Princess newbies.

Saruman,

I am new to Princess-just curious-how do you know and rememeber so much? I am totally impressed and appreciate your responses and the time it took-thanks to you and 2010 cruiser and everyone else for the info on Sapphire Princess for us and all the Princess newbies.

Simple! We just got home last Sunday and the Patters (the nightly newsletters) are still on the table next to my laptop! Glad to help! :D