Ladies what would you pack?

I'm going on a 5 day cruise to jamaica.... What would you ladies pack? I have seen the different posts about packing and even started some but I guess I'm nerves about either over/under packing and since we are flying in that can be a big problem.....ladies help.....oh by the this is my HONEYMOON!

Don't you just hate when you post a question, and nobody answers? So I'll try. Ok you're going on a relatively short cruise, so packing shouldn't be anything major. You stated this will be your honeymoon, so I have to ask, you do plan to leave your cabin don't you? Hey, I've been on cruises where the "do not disturb" sign hangs on the door the entire cruise, and the room service trays pile up. To me that is such a waste of good money. LOL Back to your question. Jamaica will probaby be pretty warm, you can go to weather.com and type in Jamaica and get the average temps for there. So pack shorts and comfy Tops. White will be the coolest. A good pair of sneakers, and a pair of dress sandals. For dining, 1 night will be formal, but you don't have to do that if you don't want to bother with formal wear. You can eat at the buffet in your shorts, or wear slacks and a nice top to the dining room. Add 1 or 2 bathing suits, and you should be set. Oh, and don't forget your sexy nighties. It is your honeymoon after all. Have a great cruise, and Congratulations.

Don't you just hate when you post a question, and nobody answers? So I'll try. Ok you're going on a relatively short cruise, so packing shouldn't be anything major. You stated this will be your honeymoon, so I have to ask, you do plan to leave your cabin don't you? Hey, I've been on cruises where the "do not disturb" sign hangs on the door the entire cruise, and the room service trays pile up. To me that is such a waste of good money. LOL Back to your question. Jamaica will probaby be pretty warm, you can go to weather.com and type in Jamaica and get the average temps for there. So pack shorts and comfy Tops. White will be the coolest. A good pair of sneakers, and a pair of dress sandals. For dining, 1 night will be formal, but you don't have to do that if you don't want to bother with formal wear. You can eat at the buffet in your shorts, or wear slacks and a nice top to the dining room. Add 1 or 2 bathing suits, and you should be set. Oh, and don't forget your sexy nighties. It is your honeymoon after all. Have a great cruise, and Congratulations.

Thanks for responding......this will be our first time getting out of the city so we will most definitely leave the cabin.....but will take full advantage of the nights at sea lol....we are also gona dress up for formal night as well.....

I'm going on a 5 day cruise to jamaica.... What would you ladies pack? I have seen the different posts about packing and even started some but I guess I'm nerves about either over/under packing and since we are flying in that can be a big problem.....ladies help.....oh by the this is my HONEYMOON!

I'd pack light little sundresses for dinner each night (except the first night of the cruise, most people just wear what they did for embarkation because luggage may or may not have arrived yet). Then I'd pack 2-3 swimsuits and 1-2 cover ups (I normally wear my suit all day on sea days). Then depending on how many port days you have, a shorts/short outfit for each port day, and personally *I* count on buying a tshirt or two on the trip that I figure into the rotation. Plus, a few special nighties for night time because it IS, afterall, your honeymoon. ;) I also would only pack 2 pairs of shoes...one neutral sandal/strappy heel for dinners and 1 pair of flip flops/deck shoes. I'd say you could fit all of the above in a roll aboard carry on.

Hope that helps!

I lay out my clothes for each day of cruise - matching tops with bottoms and add 2 extra outfits in case of accidents! Plan your formal night outfit. Shoes - i agree with MammaParrotHead - light on shoes - they take up too much room!

Don't forget Downey Wrinkle Release - who wants to be bothered with ironing on a cruise! I spray our clothes to get wrinkles out as I unpack and then we are good to go for the week!

Congrats and have a wonderful honeymoon cruise!

This site has some of the most comprehensive packing lists out there. It's a good place to start, but just use her lists as a suggestion, not written in stone! Cruise Diva

Edited: uh-oh, it's blocking the site. The first part of the address is "cruise diva dot com"-- no spaces.

Day's will be spent in swimsuits/cover-up.....maybe shorts, if you aren't doing water-based activities.

Remember, you can wear things more than once, unless you soil them.....no one notices or cares!

Instead of a long evening gown, a cocktail dress will do....it can take up less space.

On casual nights, capris are fine, too!

all the replies give good advice..... I love the cruise diva website! I packed way to much on my first cruise....lol. don't forget your camera, extra batteries or charger, memory card, binoculars, etc.

I am currently getting set for our cruise coming up in a couple of weeks and I am packing the bare minimal.... bathing suits, cover ups, flip/flops, one pair of dress heels, and tennis shoes. I am taking capris for dinner with two different tops to wear with the one pair and a couple of dresses (one for formal night) I agree with those that said to do a cocktail dress - Little black dress is the easiest to dress up.

main thing is just go and have fun! Congrats on your marriage!

Pack at least 2 swimsuits, 3 if you have the room. Swimsuits don't dry so well when they're hanging in your cabin, and to me, there's nothing ickier than putting on a wet swimsuit. :p

Forgo the heavy terry swimsuit coverup, and bring a light sarong or large Tshirt instead.

For the main dining room, if you feel awkward going to dinner in bermuda shorts, bring 1 pair of neutral colored (black, khaki, or gray) slacks or capris OR one skirt in a neutral color. Then pack Ts that are solid colored...ribbed Ts or v-neck Ts would be perfect.

Change into the slacks or skirt and a solid colored T for dinner on cruise casual evenings. The next day, wear the same T you wore to dinner (you only wore it for a couple hours anyway, right?) with your shorts. New shirt and the same slacks/skirt that evening for dinner.

This will also keep you from falling into the Shoe Trap: packing too many pairs of shoes. Pack nice strappy sandals with no or low heel for the slacks/skirt you plan to wear to the MDR. (Bonus space if these shoes can also go with your formalwear!) Pack flip-flops for the pool and beach. Wear your tennis shoes on embarkation day to save space in your luggage.

Pack most of your sexy lingerie in your checked bag, in case you're one of the lucky ones selected to have your carry-on searched. :o

Take a battery operated candle...there are cheap ones you can get...so you leave it on in the bathroom at night...that way you don't have that glaring light hit you in the eyes should you need to get up! Take suntan lotion (the Caribbean sun can be brutal) and a bottle of aloe for sunburn comfort. Take $1 & $5 for tipping the room service steward and on shore needs. Most of all bring a sense of humor & adventure! Have a great time!

Dont forget travel sized EVERYTHING! Bring your own shampoo & conditioner, bodywash too, unless your not picky at all & wont mind using what"s provided. I peruse the travel sized section of all the local drugstores, walmart, target etc.. Pamper yourself with little sample sizes of things you might enjoy while away that you normally might not bother with at home, little lotions, powders, body sprays, sample sized facial products, foot scrubs, you get the idea:p Also, touch up nailpolish, a nailfile & a shower "poof" are all things I have missed & since bring an all my cruises.. As for clothes & shoes, I make a pile of everything I WANT to bring & then try to cut it in half, I always still have way too much, but I like to have options:D Have a beautiful honeymoon!!

Thanks to everyone that responded....Here's what I got

5-T shirts/Tank tops

5-Shorts/capris

1 pair of flip flops

1 pair of reg shoes

1 pair of low hills (for formal night)

1 formal gown/cocktail dress

1-jacket/ sweater (just in case, I'm always cold)

3/4- Nighty's

2- Coverups

2- Swimsuits

and of course enough undies...lol

Ok i think that's it....I was gonna put at least 2 out fits in my carry on just to be on the safe side....

Last question....What is a good size carry on and luggage to fit all of this stuff in and to have a little room for any extras we bring back, that would be ok with the TSA(delta) guidelines and the cruise lines??? Once again thanks:)

Thanks to everyone that responded....Here's what I got

5-T shirts/Tank tops

5-Shorts/capris

1 pair of flip flops

1 pair of reg shoes

1 pair of low hills (for formal night)

1 formal gown/cocktail dress

1-jacket/ sweater (just in case, I'm always cold)

3/4- Nighty's

2- Coverups

2- Swimsuits

and of course enough undies...lol

Ok i think that's it....I was gonna put at least 2 out fits in my carry on just to be on the safe side....

Last question....What is a good size carry on and luggage to fit all of this stuff in and to have a little room for any extras we bring back, that would be ok with the TSA(delta) guidelines and the cruise lines??? Once again thanks:)

I'm a big fan of the 29" rolling suitcases and love my Delsey (which I found by scouring some luggage recommendations here on CC, I got mine at TJ Maxx). Just remember not to pack it to the gills and have it be over their weight limit (50 pounds). As far as a carry on, I honestly just take a nice backpack, doubles as a bag for ports during excursions and such to keep everything together (beach towels, sunscreen, camera, wallet and any small purchases).

I always take a rolling "pilot" bag bag that has an extra zipper to expand it by 2-3 inches. Hubby always brings a large rolling duffle bag that fits well within the maximum width/height restrictions.

You definitely want something on wheels, though, especially if you plan to be on the ship before you can go to your cabin at 1:30.

Enjoy your cruise!

It looks like you got great advice. I always stay out of answering the how to pack questions since I'm one of those girlie types that feels the need to have the perfect shoe and accessory for everything.

After having a huge cell phone bill I have learned to take the battery out of my cell phone and go the old fashioned route and wear a watch to make sure I make it back on the boat and to activities on time. I also purchased a battery operated travel clock for the room. I have an addiction to waking up and being able to see the glow of my clock and know what time it is.

Dont forget travel sized EVERYTHING! Bring your own shampoo & conditioner, bodywash too, unless your not picky at all & wont mind using what"s provided. I peruse the travel sized section of all the local drugstores, walmart, target etc.. Pamper yourself with little sample sizes of things you might enjoy while away that you normally might not bother with at home, little lotions, powders, body sprays, sample sized facial products, foot scrubs, you get the idea:p Also, touch up nailpolish, a nailfile & a shower "poof" are all things I have missed & since bring an all my cruises.. As for clothes & shoes, I make a pile of everything I WANT to bring & then try to cut it in half, I always still have way too much, but I like to have options:D Have a beautiful honeymoon!!

Great list of travel sized items. One I would add is a travel size air freshener for the bathroom. Romantic or not, reality is.... LOL

Archived