family of 6 - what to do?

pidds2

We are travelling to St Martin with a family of 6 with ages 36, 36, 13, 11, 10 and 65. We are looking for something fun to that will entertain all of us and not be too expensive. We are beach people but we are open to any suggestions. Please let us know what you have done before in St Martin or what you would do with 6 people.

We are travelling to St Martin with a family of 6 with ages 36, 36, 13, 11, 10 and 65. We are looking for something fun to that will entertain all of us and not be too expensive. We are beach people but we are open to any suggestions. Please let us know what you have done before in St Martin or what you would do with 6 people.

I would take a cab to Orient Beach.

I didn't see anyone on jets skis there. I didn't see any "rental" places at Maho at all. It's just a restaurant on one side and a restaurant on the other side of the beach with maybe hotels around there. The road dead into the place (one of the hotels).

I am thinking about doing Orient beach then Marigot and then Maho in the afternoon when the big planes come in from Europe. Do you think it is better to hire a cab at each location or rent a car?

I am thinking about doing Orient beach then Marigot and then Maho in the afternoon when the big planes come in from Europe. Do you think it is better to hire a cab at each location or rent a car?

What time are you in port?

Count on 1/2 from Orient to Marigot and at least that much time to get from Marigot to Maho.

The stores in Marigot close down for a couple of hours in the early afternoon.

If you need to be on the ship no later than 5:30, then plan to leave Maho by 3 due to traffic congestion.

Regarding transportation. For 6 people you would need a minivan. I would stick to taxis. Cost and hassle of driving somewhere you are unfamiliar with along with parking issues and returning the vehicle before boarding the ship just doesn't make it seem worth while to me.

This is the exact itinerary my family of 6 did mid March, but we opted to go with a private tour with Bernards..worked out great for us...

Are you sure you have enough time to do all of those? Depending on what day you are there (week day) it gets to be rush hour traffic and it doesn't move...at all. Our driver was nice enough to take the "long" way around, but it avoided all of the traffic.

Also, the big planes seen to come in around 12-2. So if you want to see the "big boys" you'll need to be there around then. There use to be a schedule online that you could check. I will try to find it. Then you could check before you go so you would know what time to get there and won't miss out.

This is the exact itinerary my family of 6 did mid March, but we opted to go with a private tour with Bernards..worked out great for us...

If you don't mind me asking how much was the tour with Bernards? Did you have time at each stop to spend? What other stops did they make?

Are you sure you have enough time to do all of those? Depending on what day you are there (week day) it gets to be rush hour traffic and it doesn't move...at all. Our driver was nice enough to take the "long" way around, but it avoided all of the traffic.

Also, the big planes seen to come in around 12-2. So if you want to see the "big boys" you'll need to be there around then. There use to be a schedule online that you could check. I will try to find it. Then you could check before you go so you would know what time to get there and won't miss out.

Joyce Prince has the live, real-time arrivals posted on her website. I'd suggest that you check the schedule ahead of time on the same day of the week that your cruise will visit.

gary

Archived