Expensive flights to TX

KYurgo

We are booked on the Navigator again for Jan 2012 in a JS(love the Navigator). I have been looking at trying to get on the Mariner instead for same time but flights to TX are crazy expensive. Were flying from Michigan, anyone know why prices are so high to TX? Were flying to FL for $400ish for 2 adults. Its over $400 for 1 adult to HOU. Any ideas, help me out, would love to get on the Mariner. Thanks.

I find Dallas is usually higher than elsewhere. I paid more to fly from DFW to FTL than my friend who flew twice as far from Seattle.

Im staying home for one of my next cruises to do Mariner, ... so I dont have to pay to fly to FL.

I agree airfare to TX is crazy.

We are booked on the Navigator again for Jan 2012 in a JS(love the Navigator). I have been looking at trying to get on the Mariner instead for same time but flights to TX are crazy expensive. Were flying from Michigan, anyone know why prices are so high to TX? Were flying to FL for $400ish for 2 adults. Its over $400 for 1 adult to HOU. Any ideas, help me out, would love to get on the Mariner. Thanks.

I would just wait till it is closer to your departure before I would worry about the price, they very possibly will come down about 3 months before departure. I think it is kind of early to look at flights. Check if Hobby Airport is cheaper and it is closer to Galveston

You might try the Voyager OTS from New Orleans -- Same size ship as the Mariner and Navigator. However, it does depart on Saturday, not Sunday.

Houston/Galveston is great if you drive, not so great if you fly. As mentioned, ground transportation is very expensive -- it takes over an hour to get from the Bush Airport (the one north of Houston) to Galveston. You might see if Southwest has any flights to Houston Hobby airport (the one south of Houston) -- Southwest is usually cheaper (especially when you figure bag fees), and Hobby airport is closer to Galveston.

I was looking for our flight for the Mariner in February and it was coming up $360 pp. Then one day it came up at $189 and I booked them. The next day it jumped back up and it is still around $360. Just need to keep checking every day and maybe look at flying back on monday vs sunday will save you airfare.

The airfares are bad everywhere these days. I fly to Florida on a regular basis as my DD and SIL live there along with my beautiful granddaughter! The airfares have gone up to $400 p/p roundtrip. The fares have skyrocketed over the last several months. So, it's just plain old expensive about everywhere!

I also live in Michigan and I am looking for flights for Jan. 2012 for the Mariner and hoping the prices come down or I will cancel the cruise.

I don't know where you live in Michigan or what airport you use, but have you ever tried searching for flights on www.kayak.com. It will not only search their site for the lowest fares, but Expedia, Travelocity, etc. Southwest does not show up on their site, but you couldn't book this far in advance on that airline anyway.

Archived