Valet Luggage Service

Miss Jet Set

Hi, JaneBP - all we needed was the date of embarkation, the ship name, our stateroom number, and the port agent - which both Seabourn and Silversea had provided in the documents we received ahead of time. But Luggage Forward did tell us that if all we knew was the date of departure and the ship, they would verify all info so our luggage arrived in time. It was a huge leap for us to do this independently - we have always used the cruise lines luggage service because we are 'worried' where things would end up - but the experience was actually wonderful!

• 1 month later...

You have got me worried. I have just booked their service today. One point I

would like to make, to book with SB website direct is more expensive than

book on their website - Valet Luggage Service?

Their previous service (before HAL took over) was first class.

From Philly to the ship 357.00 for 60 lbs. Going to ship direct to hotel and cab the bags. Will save almost half. UPS or Fedex. I have not called DSL but will call them tomorrow. dealing with seabourn direct they had the best service. 2 bags for the price of one 70 lbs was allowed. Marla was the best.

Mariner: I just went ahead and reserved with Luggage Forward. We fly into Athens a day before the cruise, and I didn't want luggage at the hotel either. No problem - they just hold it at their facilities until they can deliver it to the ship. So yes, we chose the pickup and delivery dates (I only booked one way because the return is easier for us, but I assume it's the same). So far they have been very helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

I just spoke with a CSR at Luggage Forward and he informed me that all bookings for a cruise have to be done over the phone, cannot use the website. Also, they will need one's cruise booking numbers as well.

Apparently they are trying to bet Seabourn to change the information on their website.

I have just returned from my very first Seabourn voyage (St Petersburg and Baltic, Seabourn Sojourn 8th July 2011) and for the very first time used Luggage Foward. They were excellent. One has to make the arrangements by telephone not online and their staff were very efficient and helpful. My luggage was collected as specified from the UK and I next saw it in my suite in Copenhagen when I embarked. The luggage was sent back to England from Stockholm and arrived two days ahead of projected delivery date. I was able to check progress online throughout the process. I cannot speak highly enough of this excellent service - it was admirable, I can only comment on personal experience and I shall certainly use this service again. It was so good not to have to be concerned with luggage other than carry-on at the airports.

I used it for my June 29th Sojourn trip. I had originally set up the luggage transfer through Seabourn direct but was notified the service had been 'outsourced'.

I thought Luggage Forward did a wonderful job. My only complaints would be that as of the day of embarkation that it still showed on their website my luggage no where near the ship and when I boarded it was not in my suite.

On boarding (at 3) I went directly to Seabourn Square and they made some calls for me and after many visits to my suite from the ship's personnel they delivered my luggage around 'muster' time. Apparently someone had signed for it and it was onboard but they didn't tell others it was there.

I guess I have another complaint though to me it was not a problem. Luggage Forward showed up over 3 hours early to pick up the luggage (from the assigned time). I was ready and home but it may be a problem for someone that isn't as obsessive as I am.

Honorine or Evers: Did you attach the adhesive Seabourn luggage tags along with the Luggage Forward tags for pickup? I'm not sure what to do with the Seabourn tags and my pickup is scheduled for tomorrow morning (Spain time) so I won't be able to phone LF to ask. I don't see my suite number anywhere on the LF documents.

[quote name='HAL4ME']Heaven forbid that we talk about $$$$ on here, but may I aks the approx. cost to use this service?:D
Would be nice to travel to Dubai without having to lug around bags.[/quote]

Depends where you are travelling from. The timeline on your post above suggests you may be in the UK. Unless of course you never sleep:D

[quote name='MARIANH']Depends where you are travelling from. The timeline on your post above suggests you may be in the UK. Unless of course you never sleep:D[/quote]

I am actually currently in Buenos Aires but also live in Canada!
and yes exist only on 5 hours of sleep!:D
Anyone have any idea of cost from North America to Europe for example? Recent experiences?

[quote name='HAL4ME']I am actually currently in Buenos Aires but also live in Canada!
and yes exist only on 5 hours of sleep!:D
Anyone have any idea of cost from North America to Europe for example? Recent experiences?[/quote]

US to Europe (Canada may/may not be different) was approx $500 (US) for two bags less than 50lb each way when we checked this just a few days ago.

I would imagine to the UAE it will be a little more than to Europe, but not much more.
We got a quote direct from the website, no need to call or email them.

[quote name='Isklaar']US to Europe (Canada may/may not be different) was approx $500 (US) for two bags less than 50lb each way when we checked this just a few days ago.

I would imagine to the UAE it will be a little more than to Europe, but not much more.
We got a quote direct from the website, no need to call or email them.[/quote]

Isklaar...thank you the heads up and response. So did you make your mind up if you are joining us in Dubai or will it be the Caribbean this year for you?:D

[quote name='HAL4ME']Isklaar...thank you the heads up and response. So did you make your mind up if you are joining us in Dubai or will it be the Caribbean this year for you?:D[/quote]

You're welcome.

We haven't made the decision yet. Trying to weigh up pros and cons of each.
For example, I'm concerned about the lack of a full balcony on the suites in our price range on Legend, and not thrilled about the prospect of screaming brats on either of the Caribbean cruises!
TA is holding all three of them for us now until Monday but that's as much of an extension we can get on the Caribbean ones, so at least have the weekend to make up our minds.
Our friends are on board the Legend as far as Singapore -it would be very tempting to tag along if we can do some business rescheduling for the first two weeks of Jan.

[quote name='Isklaar']You're welcome.

We haven't made the decision yet. Trying to weigh up pros and cons of each.
For example, I'm concerned about the lack of a full balcony on the suites in our price range on Legend, and not thrilled about the prospect of screaming brats on either of the Caribbean cruises!
TA is holding all three of them for us now until Monday but that's as much of an extension we can get on the Caribbean ones, so at least have the weekend to make up our minds.
Our friends are on board the Legend as far as Singapore -it would be very tempting to tag along if we can do some business rescheduling for the first two weeks of Jan.[/quote]

Thruthfully, we are doing the Legend for itinerary more than anything.
If we could have the opportunity of experiencing the new ships such as the Quest, Sojourn and/or Odyssey as our first Seabourn cruise that would be our first choice as the addiitonal venues and also updated look and cabins look amazing. IMHO I don't think there could be that many "screeming kids" on the Caribbean cruises over Xmas/New Years but you never know. I hope your TA can confirm the kid count for you so that you can make up your minds.

Ny wife and I are also boarding the Legend in Dubai this December, though only as far as Mumbai. We very much fancied the leg to Singapore as well (my business rescheduling did not work out:mad:). We visit Sri lanka regularly and were really looking forward to stopping off at Galle for the day, among many other things.

Having had 7 days on the Legend last August without a 'balcony', I have to say that we hardly missed it at all (and this coming from someone who until then would have point blank refused to step on a ship if a balcony was not in the equation). There was plenty of space around the ship and everything was very convivial, without anyone being intrusive. Of course it might be a different if you are on board for 26 days, with several consecutive sea days. While I would still not consider travelling on any other cruise line, or even the big sisters without a balcony, it is not such an issue on the Legend, because of the size of the ship, the small number of passengers and the overall ambience.

On the Luggage Forward website you can input pickup, delivery and number and size of bags and get an automatic quote for both domestic (US) and international travel. Having the bags delivered to the ship costs a bit extra and you need to telephone for an exact cost for that service. The more bags, the less cost/bag. They just picked up mine yesterday to be delivered to the Quest (Piraeus) on August 8 (very first Seabourn cruise - yeah!). Having never used a valet service before, I'm going to be very nervous until I actually see the bags in the suite.

Archived