How often do the price drop???

Ok so i was trying to see if the price for my cruise (The destiny on Nov 5-10) have dropped. I booked back in January and when I called my TA, he told me the price actually went up $80 pp :(....Should i wait till August or September to start looking for price reductions since the crusie is still 6 months away:confused:?

K thanks...so far I've been checking at least twice a day. On the roll call board I was told that this cruise was the "Rick Springfield" cruise (I have know clue what or who this is) but I guess that have something to do with the price increase...

I start looking as soon as I book. Iv gotten price drops a year and a half in advance. Carnival says prices can change up to 5 times a day I think.

If the price is close to what I paid, I watch more often, if its been steadily higher, I might only check once a week, instead of once a day.

Ever heard of the song "Jesse's Girl"? Very popular and good looking rocker of the early 80's. Also was on the soap opera General Hospital for awhile.

I booked our June 30, 2011 cruise in Aug of 2010. Price kept going up. Had first price reduction this past Monday. Checked the price mid day and was still above what we paid. Checked around 7 pm and price had dropped below what we paid by $50 pp, yeah finally!

K thanks...so far I've been checking at least twice a day. On the roll call board I was told that this cruise was the "Rick Springfield" cruise (I have know clue what or who this is) but I guess that have something to do with the price increase...

Rick Springfield was a popular "teenie bopper" star back in the 70's and even into the 80's. He's done some television as well. I think you're booked on one of the Rock Cruises that Carnival has going on. You can check more on it through Carnival's website to verify and maybe someone else can chime in to confirm.

I'll be on the Destiny in August and so far my price has remained the same.

Rick Springfield was a popular "teenie bopper" star back in the 70's and even into the 80's. He's done some television as well. I think you're booked on one of the Rock Cruises that Carnival has going on. You can check more on it through Carnival's website to verify and maybe someone else can chime in to confirm.

I'll be on the Destiny in August and so far my price has remained the same.

Oh ok thanks...can you let me know how your cruise go in august?

2nd price drop this week as of today. Also I had checked a couple of hours ago and no drop since the first drop on Monday. Decided to check one more time before getting off the computer and to my surprise, $20 pp lower.

So don't get discourage if you don't see any price drops until a month or two before your cruise and don't get discouraged if it continues to go up before that which mine did.

Hotrocker, google some of his videos. You may enjoy them (vintage, lol) and then at least youll be up to speed when youre cruising with him. Try "Jesse's Girl" and "Affair of the Heart".

Theresa

Class of '85 and used to jam to Rick back in the day....lol

Ok so i was trying to see if the price for my cruise (The destiny on Nov 5-10) have dropped. I booked back in January and when I called my TA, he told me the price actually went up $80 pp :(....Should i wait till August or September to start looking for price reductions since the crusie is still 6 months away:confused:?

I got 2 price drops within a week of each other last month which was 5 months out, I still have been checking but the price has steadily gone up since last month, it is now at the price I originally paid, I'm happy with the $90 I got in obc, I think I got all the price drops I am going to get.

Ended up paying $329 for an inside cabin, did not think it would go below that.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the price drops. Booked my May 30, 2011 last summer and the price has gone up and down several times-just keep checking. Got a $20 price drop yesterday. But my hubby and I booked a cruise last month just 5 days before it left and got a great price. We let them pick the room and we ended up on Lido with a wonderful room very close to the door that opens out on a small deck on that floor. I think this is what we wll do the next time.

Archived