Bringing wine on board QM2

navybankerteacher

You may bring a small amount (2 or 3 bottles)of wine and champagne on board, as well as spirits, However, if you seem to be abusing the priviledge, they will take them from you and put them aside until your disembark.

Remember the Bars and wine sales are part of the way the cruise companies make their money.

If you want to have the wine in the dining room, they will charge you a USD 15 Corkage charge.

Cunard is pretty good with this.

Enjoy your cruise. Mike.

PS, A long time pal of mine Ed. T (cant use the last name on a pubic web site) was the C.O. of USS Shasta in the 80s. When were you aboard?

I've brought 6 bottles aboard two cruises, in plain sight, without anyone batting an eyelash.

Cunard has updated their FAQ to state that there is no set limit but it is more a matter of the judgement of the shipboard staff whether to confiscate alcohol.

The corkage has been raised to $20. I find that a $40 wine from the ship's cellar struggles to compare favorably to a $20 carry-on bottle, though.

What are Cunard's rules concerning passengers bringing wine on board?

Hi

This was discussed recently. According to the main Cunard website:

The safety, comfort and enjoyment of all our passengers has always been our main concern at Cunard Line, and with this in mind we have reviewed our policies with regards to the consumption of alcohol on board our ships. Passengers are welcome to bring a small amount of alcohol with them on board, there is no restriction to the amount that can be carried on board, but passengers should be aware of the below policies -

We reserve the right to remove alcohol at the gangway should the need arise. It is not our intention to invoke this policy as a matter of course and we will only implement on occasions where we consider it likely that the health, comfort, safety and enjoyment of passengers may otherwise be compromised.

We've always taken half a dozen bottles of fizz without any problem whatsoever.

Stewart

If you are staggering walking towards the ship I would think the bottles would be confiscated for return to you later:D Seriously, I have taken 6 bottles of wine on board some to drink in the cabin, some to take to the dining room, absolutely no problem. In fact on my last cruise, I carried aboard two bottles of spirit and the even stopped the conveyor at the end of the electronic screening so as they didn't fall.

the policy has been reviewed not stating the amount allowed on board as shown on the FAQ's:

Can I bring alcohol on board for consumption?

The safety, comfort and enjoyment of all our passengers has always been our main concern at Cunard Line, and with this in mind we have reviewed our policies with regards to the consumption of alcohol on board our ships. Passengers are welcome to bring a small amount of alcohol with them on board, there is no restriction to the amount that can be carried on board, but passengers should be aware of the below policies -

We reserve the right to remove alcohol at the gangway should the need arise. It is not our intention to invoke this policy as a matter of course and we will only implement on occasions where we consider it likely that the health, comfort, safety and enjoyment of passengers may otherwise be compromised.

If you are travelling on a fly cruise we recommend that all liquids are packed in your hold luggage to comply with airport and airline restrictions.

Should you wish to take wine or Champagne on board to consume in a restaurant, you will be subject to a $20* corkage charge.

Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the ship's gift shops or at ports of call will be collected for safe keeping and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of your cruise. This falls in line with our Duty Of Care policy.

Should you wish to take wine or champagne on board to celebrate an event, the number of bottles you may take on will be at the port authorities discretion.

*prices are subject to change

hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...

Archived