Attention Smugglers or anyone else that can help

I have a question, FI and I will be flying in to FLL for our cruise out of the port of Miami. We have set up the transportation to the port threw carnival ( I didn't want to risk being to late) My question is would we be able to get to the a liquor store to get our wine, and anything else we may need? I know we cant ask to stop at the store but once we get to the port would it be possible to maybe grad a taxi to the store there and back im thinking it would maybe only take 30 minutes (hopefully) We are trying to use our rum rummers and still wanted to stop and pick up other items so we wouldn't have to fly in with them. Do you think this is possible or should we just wait until we get to the first destination? TIA :)

Sounds like you're flying in the day of the cruise? What time does your flight get to MIA?

If you're arriving in the afternoon, the port area is going to be very congested.

I don't think you'll get a cab out of the port, get to a store, and get back in 1/2 hour.

OTOH, if your flight is arriving early, it's possible to get to a store and back before you have to be on the ship.

The last time I cruised out of Miami, there was a line out to get out of the port backed up solid. Must have taken over an hour to cross the bridge. This was last fall. Really bad backed up. My roomie tipped the taxi extra because she felt bad he was going to be stuck in traffic to get out of the port area.

Sounds like you're flying in the day of the cruise? What time does your flight get to MIA?

If you're arriving in the afternoon, the port area is going to be very congested.

I don't think you'll get a cab out of the port, get to a store, and get back in 1/2 hour.

OTOH, if your flight is arriving early, it's possible to get to a store and back before you have to be on the ship.

We would get to FLL by 12 and get to port by 1-1:30....It would probably be better to just wait until we get to the first stop....We can just order from the Bon Vonage for the first night and then try out out the runners....

The last time I cruised out of Miami, there was a line out to get out of the port backed up solid. Must have taken over an hour to cross the bridge. This was last fall. Really bad backed up. My roomie tipped the taxi extra because she felt bad he was going to be stuck in traffic to get out of the port area.

Thanks....We will most defiantly wait.....

We would get to FLL by 12 and get to port by 1-1:30....It would probably be better to just wait until we get to the first stop....We can just order from the Bon Vonage for the first night and then try out out the runners....

Way better plan. The last thing you want to do is get to port, then catch a cab back to a store, then try to get back to port again with such a tight schedule. I'd get a setup thru BV.

We would get to FLL by 12 and get to port by 1-1:30....It would probably be better to just wait until we get to the first stop....We can just order from the Bon Vonage for the first night Not sure what you mean by this. If you order from BV, you'll have a big bottle.....do you plan on drinking the whole bottle on the 1st night?and then try out out the runners....

Even if you buy while in port, you won't get it back until the end of the cruise.:confused:

Even if you buy while in port, you won't get it back until the end of the cruise.:confused:

In theory...easy enough to sneak on during port stops though. Search the threads for tips, but 100 times easier than during embarkation.

We can just order from the Bon Vonage for the first night and then try out out the runners....

I guess I'm a little confused by this.

If you order from BV, you get a bottle.

If you're going to use RRs, why not fill up the RRs before you leave home??

You could pack bottles of wine in your suitcase to for flying. I do it all the time. You can even buy special bags that will help prevent them from breaking. Then just put the bottles in your carryon before boarding the ship or they will be confiscated.

As for the port stops, many, including myself, put our purchases through the x-ray and take it out the other side and just keep on moving. I can't guarantee this will work everytime, but it has for me.

I must be confused too...............I thought you had to order from BV before boarding.

Secondly, OP - you might consider what day you would be arriving. If it's Sunday, you would not be able to go to a liquor store (at least they are all closed in Texas). And you would only be able to buy wine afternoon.

Most airports have a sort of duty free like shop where you can buy liquor. once you get off the plane look for this shop in the airport.

Oh ok thanks.....This will be both of our first time cursing and flying.....I never knew that....:)

I guess I'm a little confused by this.

If you order from BV, you get a bottle.

If you're going to use RRs, why not fill up the RRs before you leave home??

Because This will our first time flying as well and i would rather get caught by carnival then the airport. I didt know we could bring bottles on the flight how ever I think we will do this.....

You could pack bottles of wine in your suitcase to for flying. I do it all the time. You can even buy special bags that will help prevent them from breaking. Then just put the bottles in your carryon before boarding the ship or they will be confiscated.

As for the port stops, many, including myself, put our purchases through the x-ray and take it out the other side and just keep on moving. I can't guarantee this will work everytime, but it has for me.

I must be confused too...............I thought you had to order from BV before boarding.

Secondly, OP - you might consider what day you would be arriving. If it's Sunday, you would not be able to go to a liquor store (at least they are all closed in Texas). And you would only be able to buy wine afternoon.

We are getting married the day before so that wont work.... i even looked for flights that would leave late in the day and we could have an early wedding but none was available. I do beleve you have to order from BV before boarding, but im just looking for other options be i do this....

Because This will our first time flying as well and i would rather get caught by carnival then the airport. I didt know we could bring bottles on the flight how ever I think we will do this.....

As long as they are in your checked luggage you can bring bottles/rr/etc.

As long as they are in your checked luggage you can bring bottles/rr/etc.

Ok so if we fill the rr up before the flight and have them in our checked bags this will be ok? I was just thinking of either buying the bottle at the air port and take it on the flight as a carry on (I just read that on the tsa website) or buy it when we land....

Ok so if we fill the rr up before the flight and have them in our checked bags this will be ok? I was just thinking of either buying the bottle at the air port and take it on the flight as a carry on (I just read that on the tsa website) or buy it when we land....

You can get your alcohol at home, fill up your rr's at home, but them in your CHECKED baggage and be all set. TSA won't let you bring any liquids with you or in your carryone thru security, but checked luggage will be fine. This is what most people do with RR.

You can get your alcohol at home, fill up your rr's at home, but them in your CHECKED baggage and be all set. TSA won't let you bring any liquids with you or in your carryone thru security, but checked luggage will be fine. This is what most people do with RR.

Oh ok.....Thank you so so much i was gona threw alot of unnecessary stuff...ok I will just put them in baggies to make sure they don't break and spill....Will I have to follow the 3-1-1 rule or can i just have them in my checked bags like on the top for instance, or under clothes. Im sorry for all the questions... :o

Oh ok.....Thank you so so much i was gona threw alot of unnecessary stuff...ok I will just put them in baggies to make sure they don't break and spill....Will I have to follow the 3-1-1 rule or can i just have them in my checked bags like on the top for instance, or under clothes. Im sorry for all the questions... :o

That rule is for carry-on only.

Pack your filled Rum Runners in the checked bags. No problem! (I put my RRs in baggies, just to avoid spillage. Hasn't happened yet.)

Don't even worry about the 3-1-1 thing. Pretty much anything goes as long as it's in your checked luggage. The stuff they go nuts with is carry on. Just load up your RR's, pack them along with your other stuff in checked baggage, and everything should be exactly where you left it when you pick up your checked baggage at your destination. Then when you check in with CCL, everything SHOULD be all set. Have a fun trip!

Archived