Grand Suite questions on Majesty ofthe Seas

I have been looking just recently to book the 4 day Bahamas cruise on the Majesty for my family of 5, includes my husband, and my 3 children (not really children anymore, ages 24, 22, and 18). I wanted 2 junior suites, but there were not 2 available for the date I needed when I spoke to RCI travel planner yesterday. I just figured then that I would rethink the summer vacation. Anyway, I got a call today from RCI asking about yesterday's interaction, and he asked if I was able to be accommodated. I explained that there was nothing for me, as I had just 1 date in mind, and wanted 2 balcony rooms near each other, etc.. He told me I could fit my family in a Grand suite, just the one left on the date I wanted. I put a deposit down and told him I needed to think on that, especially as I would need a rollaway, and I am thinking TIGHT!. But we often stay in 1 hotel room while traveling (though do look for suite-type hotel rooms), and we have not had any serious issues before. So 4 questions: 1 - Has anyone had experience with 5 in this type of suite? 2 - Has anyone used a rollaway? Would they ever NOT have the rollaway as happens in some hotels? 3 - Is there a concierge lounge on the Majesty for use by those in a Grand suite? 4 - any perks for Grand suite? We have never sailed RCI before, and appreciate any information about this ship, or this particular cruise. Thanks!

I have been looking just recently to book the 4 day Bahamas cruise on the Majesty for my family of 5, includes my husband, and my 3 children (not really children anymore, ages 24, 22, and 18). I wanted 2 junior suites, but there were not 2 available for the date I needed when I spoke to RCI travel planner yesterday. I just figured then that I would rethink the summer vacation. Anyway, I got a call today from RCI asking about yesterday's interaction, and he asked if I was able to be accommodated. I explained that there was nothing for me, as I had just 1 date in mind, and wanted 2 balcony rooms near each other, etc.. He told me I could fit my family in a Grand suite, just the one left on the date I wanted. I put a deposit down and told him I needed to think on that, especially as I would need a rollaway, and I am thinking TIGHT!. But we often stay in 1 hotel room while traveling (though do look for suite-type hotel rooms), and we have not had any serious issues before. So 4 questions: 1 - Has anyone had experience with 5 in this type of suite? 2 - Has anyone used a rollaway? Would they ever NOT have the rollaway as happens in some hotels? 3 - Is there a concierge lounge on the Majesty for use by those in a Grand suite? 4 - any perks for Grand suite? We have never sailed RCI before, and appreciate any information about this ship, or this particular cruise. Thanks!

Can't help you with 1 and 2.

3. Unfortunately, no Concierge Lounge on Majesty.

4. Suite perks from Royal's website (except no CL):

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=enhanced_program_for_suite_guests

No lounge - limited perks for that ship.

BUT 5 adults and one bathroom could be a nightmare. I would take two Ocean View cabins over one suite if JS cabins were not available. We've never stayed more than 3 adults in a cabin ( JS) . (We did stay 4 when the kids were both under 10)

M

Archived