Grand Suite or Owner's Suite on Majesty

We are a family of 5 booked in a Grand suite. I know that is tight, but it is all that was available for the date we needed. Today an Owner's suite is available. Is the difference in size between these 2 suites (less than 100 square feet I believe) make sleeping arrangements any easier? Either cabin would require a rollaway. Any information is much appreciated.

One hundred square feet is nothing.......when looking at a 10,000 square foot home.

However, when looking at the difference between 390 square feet, and 490 square feet...........it's about 25% more space.

Only you can be the final judge of the space, but then again...if you have opted for a Grand Suite.......you should be able to afford an OS.

Last I heard.....the Majesty is still doing the 3/4 night cruise.......so, how much are you taking about to upgrade to something more comfortable for your family??

Either decision would be the right one........and the OS on the Majesty is very blaaaaa, compared to the GS.

So, one outweighs the other.........either space, or style!!:)

Rick

Actually, it is just 64 square feet larger, which may help, but don't know if it is worth it. Price is not much more though, so I am considering it. Wonder about the "style" versus "space"as you say. Any more more details, from anyone? Thanks!

Actually, it is just 64 square feet larger, which may help, but don't know if it is worth it. Price is not much more though, so I am considering it. Wonder about the "style" versus "space"as you say. Any more more details, from anyone? Thanks!

The Grand Suite has a better layout than the OS, however, one thing that we do, is to have the ship find us a dining table for 4, with chairs, and have it centered off of the dry bar. That way we can have guests in for dinner. All other OS's have dining tables except for the Majesty/Monarch.

That adds the stlye that we want. ;)

The thing about the OS, there certainly is more room if you are trying to sleep more than two!

Rick

...one thing that we do, is to have the ship find us a dining table for 4, with chairs, and have it centered off of the dry bar. That way we can have guests in for dinner.

And I must say, Rick, you two certainly do know how to entertain. Very looking forward to hooking up on another cruise....doesn't matter what line. ;)

I believe that the layouts are the same as on Splendour? If so, go for the OS. The layout is a thousand times better than a GS. Plus, the main bed area is a little more private except for someone needing to make a middle of the night bathroom call. Also, the bathroom in the OS is so much bigger, with 2 sinks and more than enough room for more than one person to work in there. Also, have you tried to call about the royal family suite?

I believe that the layouts are the same as on Splendour? If so, go for the OS. The layout is a thousand times better than a GS. Plus, the main bed area is a little more private except for someone needing to make a middle of the night bathroom call. Also, the bathroom in the OS is so much bigger, with 2 sinks and more than enough room for more than one person to work in there. Also, have you tried to call about the royal family suite?

For a family.............here is the first smart thing said today!!

And how many of us did not think of the Royal Family Suite????????

I, for one, did not...and you are so correct in what you are saying!!

Thank you!!:);)

Rick

For a family.............here is the first smart thing said today!!

And how many of us did not think of the Royal Family Suite????????

I, for one, did not...and you are so correct in what you are saying!!

Thank you!!:);)

Rick

I suspect it is overlooked most often because it does not usually show up as available since the min for it is usually 5. I know on Legend a couple weeks back it opened up for just 2 as they wanted to get the ship full...

I think you hit the answer with the comments about layout...and the differences between GS and OS.

Archived