Sapphire Beach Questions

njdevil08

A few questions about Sapphire:

Do you reccomend it for teenagers? (ie. is it safe, are there activities available for rent or mostly just a beach?)

Is it true that most of the bars have closed down? (looking for recent visitors' input)

I read it's a private beach, so do you pay to acces it?

If not, what are the costs per chair rental/umbrella?

Thanks in advance.

We went to Sapphire Beach with our 3 teens and had a fabulous day. It is breathtakingly beautiful, had good snorkeling and was not crowded at all. I cannot comment regarding rentals and food/drinks because we did not use these things so I cannot really remember what was available. We never felt unsafe and, in fact, had asked our cab driver to drop us off at Coki Beach (this was before the cruise passenger was shot near there) and he stop there but then encouraged us to go ahead to Sapphire (he did not charge us more). He said he did not think Coki was safe. The only complaint we had has been well documented on this site and that is the bathrooms. They are not well maintained and the day we were there were quite filthy. Hope this helps.

A few questions about Sapphire:

Do you reccomend it for teenagers? (ie. is it safe, are there activities available for rent or mostly just a beach?)

Is it true that most of the bars have closed down? (looking for recent visitors' input)

I read it's a private beach, so do you pay to acces it?

If not, what are the costs per chair rental/umbrella?

Thanks in advance.

This beach would be great for teenagers. This beach has parasailing, jet skis, and snorkeling. There is no entrance fee for Sapphire, but Magen's has a $4 per person fee. The chair rental is $5 or $7. You can arrange water sports through Sapphire Resort which is right there on the beach.

Just remember, if you go to Meggans, that is where most of the cruise ship passengers go....ALL the ships, TOGETHER, in ONE place. I've never been but have heard a lot of people complain that it is so packed and nothing to do but swim and lay on the beach. It's very "touristy".

Archived