Latest arrival into Seattle for 4 pm sailing

DAllenTCY

You must be on board 90 minutes prior to boarding. I wouldn't ever want to cut it that close. So say two hours prior to boarding minimum. Yes, SEATAC is a 30 minute ride if there is no traffic. Seattle has some of the worst traffic I've ever seen, so I would double that at least. So maybe a noon arrival? But oh, what a mess if you miss that ship, so is there any way you can go to Seattle the day before?

Let's see must be onboard no later than 90 minutes before sailing, so moves your time back to 2:30pm. At least 30 minutes from SEA to the Pier, but best to not plan for best case scenario, so allot 45 minutes to an hour, so back to 1:30pm. Time for a minor flight delay and waiting for baggage, I would put arrival no later than noon if you must fly in day of.

Hello

After living in the Seattle area for all most 60 years and dealing with the afternoon traffic I would highly recommend getting there a day early. You could stay at one of the hotels near the airport and get an early start to pier 66 or do a real early flight in so you have all day to get on board. Seattle traffic is so bad there are no words to describe it.

If you do get there with time to spare there are lot of things to do and see on the waterfront and close by where you board.

Hope this helps have fun

Duane

I second the PP, who said that traffic is bad, don't know that it is the worst obviously that person has not been to southern california. But leave an hour for the cab ride. The roads getting to the new port are too small to handle the traffic of two ships, so traffic is enevitable. Have fun, and ill be watching over you as you arrive, no we don't ALL sleep.

The easiest way to get to Pier 66 from the airport use to be to go the 509 freeway and get on Alaskan Way that ran right down along the waterfront to the pier. Alaskan Way, along the waterfront, is now closed due to construction and will be closed I think through the Summer if not longer.

That being the case, I would allow at least an hour to get from SeaTac to the pier.

I think 11:30 or 12 noon at the latest. I am heading out in August and tried to book a same day flight initially, until I realized that every flight into seattle would be to tight for my comfort. I am now arriving Thursday night and booked an airport hotel, this way I can be on board nice and early on Friday morning and not worry about anything.

What time is the latest one could arrive at SEATAC and make it? Of course the X-Pass is complete. Isn't it about 30 minutes from the airport to pier 66?

David

I would also suggest you add the transfer from the cruise line ...play it safe. You can add this on even if your not doing the air through them. Have fun!

I personally don't trust the airlines. Still fly in at least a day ahead ,even domestically and Europe at least 2 days. We have been doing that for years. They are less trustworthy than they were years ago. I like to be in the same city as my ship the day we leave!!! Happy cruising!!!

Archived