Soda card & room service question

kittyness

My husband wants to buy the soda card because he plans to drink a lot of soda. I see on Carnival's website that it can't be used with room service. How else can you get something to drink (non-alcoholic) when using room service? Does he have to go to a bar to get a soda and then wait in the room for the room service? That defeats the whole purpose of room service, which is to be lazy. hahahaha Thanks!

I definitely understand the joy of being lazy and ordering room service!:)

I wonder (I've had a soda card before but can't remember) if your DH could 'stock-pile' a few cans of soda from the bar ahead of time, and keep them in the cooler? Then he could just ask for ice from room service.

Does anyone know if the bars will give cardholders unopened cans?:confused:

It isn't as convenient, but you are allowed to bring 12 bottles/cans of non-alcoholic beverages each. Perhaps on your way to embarkation you can stop at a store and get some soda? I realize you are paying for a soda card, but it would be easier and cheaper if you are planning on using a lot of room service.

I think Disneycruisers' idea of asking the bartender to not open the can is a good idea. No guarantees, and you may need to tip him a buck, but you can do that on your way to the room from the pool and put it on ice :)

We've never had a problem taking a glass of soda to our room to enjoy. It usually isn't a far walk to a bar, either...usually just down the hall. If you don't want to do that, I'd just bring soda for the room with you.

Just a note that you also can not use soda coupons that you have purchased for your room service soda. We tried that once. Bought a set of soda coupons that we thought we would be able to use for room service, but found out it was not allowed. On our last cruise we bought a few sodas with us. On our next cruise I don't think we will worry about it since we will be very near a bar.

Just a note that you also can not use soda coupons that you have purchased for your room service soda. We tried that once. Bought a set of soda coupons that we thought we would be able to use for room service, but found out it was not allowed. On our last cruise we brought a few sodas with us. On our next cruise I don't think we will worry about it since we will be very near a bar.

Does anyone know if the bars will give cardholders unopened cans?:confused:
You will get a glass of sodapop, poured from a can. You will not get the can, much less unopened.

I agree with teh above poster, we always bring a 12 pack of soda to keep in the room for room service. Sometimes I like to grab a burger and fries and cool off in our room, and then I just grab an ice cold Pepsi from the cooler :)

Don't forget they stock the mini fridge in your room with sodas. You could always use one of those and the price is cheaper than getting a soda at the bar. Our last cruise I got the coke sticker and asked to have a glass full of ice and the can. The bartender looked at me like I had an extra eye or something. I didn't think it was odd and at time I didn't understand his reaction

I'm wondering though, if you bought the coke sticker for your S&S card, and you brought a huge Tervis glass or refillable mug of some kind, would they fill that up? It is all you can drink sodas, right? Any one ever tried it?

Shawn in FL

I can't commit to drinking enough pop for the soda card to make economic sense but we've carried on the 12 or 16 oz plastic bottles of our favorite sodas several times with no issues.

I've had mixed luck with the mini fridge though. Some rooms just didn't have them. One didn't get cold enough, and once there was not enough room and the steward said he could not remove anything to make room. However, on every cruise we were supplied with plenty of ice and the glasses were kept clean so no problem.

Don't forget they stock the mini fridge in your room with sodas. You could always use one of those and the price is cheaper than getting a soda at the bar. Our last cruise I got the coke sticker and asked to have a glass full of ice and the can. The bartender looked at me like I had an extra eye or something. I didn't think it was odd and at time I didn't understand his reaction

I'm wondering though, if you bought the coke sticker for your S&S card, and you brought a huge Tervis glass or refillable mug of some kind, would they fill that up? It is all you can drink sodas, right? Any one ever tried it?

Shawn in FL

SOda from the bar or soda from the mini fridge will cost the same price. (about 2.05 per can)

and from our experiences and reading here they will not fill up your bubba keg either-. (you can sit there and let him fill glass after glass afterglass and jsut fill it yourself. (makes the soda go flatter quicker0

We purchased two of the red Carnival mugs. If you purchased a soda card you got $2 off of a mug. With ice they do not hold an entire can of coke. We used them during the day on the lido deck and kept refilling them when needed. At night we didn’t carry them because we didn’t want to have them with us all the time. Especially when empty. We would just get a soda from the bar and put the glass down when finished. We will take them on our next cruise.

Don't forget they stock the mini fridge in your room with sodas. You could always use one of those and the price is cheaper than getting a soda at the bar.
No, it's really not.

I'm wondering though, if you bought the coke sticker for your S&S card, and you brought a huge Tervis glass or refillable mug of some kind, would they fill that up?
No.

Archived