Tell Me About Carnival Legend Please!

CruisinJazz

I'm seriously considering booking the Western Caribbean Carnival Legend cruise for next year. I've only gone on one cruise so far and that was Carnival Victories Southern Caribbean and absolutely loved it! Will I like the Carnival Legend? Please tell me everything you can about this ship as well as the Western Ports! Thanks!

I'm seriously considering booking the Western Caribbean Carnival Legend cruise for next year. I've only gone on one cruise so far and that was Carnival Victories Southern Caribbean and absolutely loved it! Will I like the Carnival Legend? Please tell me everything you can about this ship as well as the Western Ports! Thanks!

There are a ton of reviews and threads regarding the Legend. It seems to be a favorite among CC'ers. Just use the search function. I would answer, but I haven't sailed her yet.

We did this cruise from Tampa last year...GREAT cruise! Oddly enough, I am trying to find info on the Victory, lol!! Did you post a review on it?

The Legend is the biggest ship I have been on to date. It was very well decorated.

When I was there, Wee Jimmy was the Cruise Director. You will find different opinions depending on who you ask, but we LOVED him. He is a short Scottish man who wears a kilt. He is hilarious!!

The rooms were nice. We had an obstructed view room. It had a glass door that opened up, but no balcony, because the lifeboats were in the way. Still, these rooms were great to get some natural sunlight, hear the waves, and get fresh air. And, you can still see out and catch a glimpse of some of the ports if you turn your head at just the right angle. Best part: these rooms are sold at the price of some of the interior rooms, so cheaper but with a few perks!! The Legend staff was very good to us, everyone from waiters, to cruise directors, to room stewards.

The ports we visited were all wonderful and unique in their own ways. My least fave was Belize, but I would go back again. The ruins there are cool. Cozumel is wonderful, especially Chankanaab Park. Grand Cayman is, in one word, beautiful. Seven Mile beach is stunning. Hell (the post office and rock formation) is a really fun and interesting stop. You can send postcards from "Hell" lol! Lots of things to do there. Isla Roatan is also beautiful, though GC is prettier imho. Mahoghany beach there is cool. Love the chair lift :)

Overall, a great time. My favorite ship is the smaller Inspiration, but Legend is close behind.

Good luck on your decision. Hope this helps some!

Read the member reviews of the ship on this site. If you read enough, you can find out pretty much everything you need to know. It's not as easy as sitting back having everyone tell you everything about the ship/voyage. It takes some time & work on your part. But in the end it's very rewarding...

Our personal favourite (and my kids). Going back on her next February for the western itinerary. For us, she is the right size and best of all we get an inside cabin that connects to a balcony stateroom. (rare to find this in ships). Kids get their own room and can enjoy our balcony while we save $$.

Good luck! :)

We just got off her on Sunday. It was a great cruise but the best part was our room. We had room 7258...it is an extended balcony room. The balcony is three times the size of a regular balcony for the same price. It fit 2 lounge chairs and 4 regular chairs plus a little table. We have cruised 14 times and this is the best and most private balcony we have ever had. So...if you go I do suggest trying to book this room. We also enjoyed the steakhouse very much. The ports of call were nice - we did beach days everywhere we went and just relaxed. Besides my husband diving in Belize (I stayed onboard that day) we did not use any Carnival excursions. The service was friendly and prompt in most venues, the bartenders were the best! The entertainment left something to be desired though...we only enjoyed the duo that played on the lido - everyone else we saw was sub-par or worse...I do believe they are really cutting back in this area.

I never really thought a ship made a difference in cruising but after sailing on the Legend I have definitely changed my mind! I loved her! Just the right size, easy to navigate, great Western Caribbean itenerary and not too gaudy!

Just returned a couple of weeks ago from the Southern Caribbean on the Victory (2nd time) and she pales in comparison to the Legend!

Please don't hesitate to book the Legend...I'm sure you will love her as much as I do!

Lynn

WooHoo!!! Thank you sooooo much for the replies! I'm getting more and more excited! I'm hoping to put together a Group Cruise for September 23, 2012 and wanted some more details about the ship to send off to my friends who went on the Victory Cruise with me.

Everyone in our group on the Victory absolutely LOVED both the ship and itinerary!!! The ship is absolutely gorgeous, wonderful food and the itinerary was an absolute blast! It got me hooked on cruising! LOL I did start a cruise report, but don't believe I had finished it as I had a lot going on in my life at the time.

If you have any questions regarding the Victory send me an email at tyme4wdw@hotmail.com and I'll be sure to respond back to you!

We just got off her on Sunday. It was a great cruise but the best part was our room. We had room 7258...it is an extended balcony room. The balcony is three times the size of a regular balcony for the same price. It fit 2 lounge chairs and 4 regular chairs plus a little table. We have cruised 14 times and this is the best and most private balcony we have ever had. So...if you go I do suggest trying to book this room. We also enjoyed the steakhouse very much. The ports of call were nice - we did beach days everywhere we went and just relaxed. Besides my husband diving in Belize (I stayed onboard that day) we did not use any Carnival excursions. The service was friendly and prompt in most venues, the bartenders were the best! The entertainment left something to be desired though...we only enjoyed the duo that played on the lido - everyone else we saw was sub-par or worse...I do believe they are really cutting back in this area.

We were on the Legend and in the same room the week before, and also from PA, that is crazy. I admit that balcony was the best and the location of the room, being close to everything. This was our first Carnival cruise, and besides the somewhat odd decor and the urns we loved the ship.

It is a big white ship with a funny looking red "whale tail" for a stack. That is about it for now...I won't be on her until the end of August!:D

The wife and I cruise for new lands and excursions and not the ship. The Legend was big enough for that feel but small enough to navigate easily and enjoy. She didn't have alot of bells and whistles (the boat, the wife still has all her bells and whistles) but enough for a very pleasant experience. If you have the sea, decent boat, acceptable food and a Balcony then life is good.

Great to hear, we are in that room in a few short weeks :D

I too have had that cabin with the extended balcony, same cabin! Wow!

What I loved about the Legend were the open spaces. I loved walking out on the Atlantic deck on the promenade, being close to the waves and the sea, and then walking into the enchanted forest, and then back out again. We did this every day. I loved having high tea on sea days, with the gentle piano music in the back ground and the attentive waiters. I loved the food, and the ability to try new things.

As far as shows, nothing comes to mind, as far as excursions, that is what comes to mind.

Cayman-submarine-depth over 120 saw sea turtles and coral reef

Cozumel-DH scubad, I went and toured the island-beautiful

Belize-Goff's Cay-not the best snorkeling-just most beautiful island in the world.

Isla Raotan, we were there, we just didn't do anything. We were to have docked at Mahogany bay, and the sand bar had moved back in, and we ended up doing nothing. The ship docked, everyone scrambled off to their shore excursions, and DH and I basically had the ship to our selves.:)

We prefer smaller ships than the Legend, and if they had the version of the Atlantic Deck, I wouldn't sail anything else, but they don't and so, enjoy the Legend!

Just wondering who you did your dive with in Belize and what you thought of them. My son and I want to go diving. Any info is appreciated.

Just wondering who you did your dive with in Belize and what you thought of them. My son and I want to go diving. Any info is appreciated.

My husband went with the company Carnival uses (I'm sorry I don't know the name). They had some issues though - they were supposed to get back at 1pm from a two tank dive but didn't get back until after 4pm...needless to say I was a little worried. They had engine problems before the dive and coming back...one engine blew on the way back but luckily they had 2 engines so it was just extremely slow getting back...he said the dive was great though. At least it was through Carnival so the ship would wait for them if necessary. We usually do independent excursions but not for dive trips so I guess in this case it was good.

My husband went with the company Carnival uses (I'm sorry I don't know the name). They had some issues though - they were supposed to get back at 1pm from a two tank dive but didn't get back until after 4pm...needless to say I was a little worried. They had engine problems before the dive and coming back...one engine blew on the way back but luckily they had 2 engines so it was just extremely slow getting back...he said the dive was great though. At least it was through Carnival so the ship would wait for them if necessary. We usually do independent excursions but not for dive trips so I guess in this case it was good.

Thanks Nikita!

Archived