What to do on disembarkation day.

sasha6259

Hi we disembark on the Saturday morning and have nowhere to go until we fly out. Our travel agent has organised a transfer to the airport as part of our package at about 10am but we do not fly out until 6pm. Consequently we have our luggage in tow until check in at about 3-4pm. What a bother! Any suggestions would be appreciated?:confused:

The Tahiti Intercontinental has a swim and lunch package fof 65 $ or so - They also have day rates and change rooms. I love their pool too. They even have dryers if you want to dry your wet swimwear. I think they are quite close to the airport.

There is nothing to do at the airport.

The Tahiti Intercontinental has a swim and lunch package fof 65 $ or so - They also have day rates and change rooms. I love their pool too. They even have dryers if you want to dry your wet swimwear. I think they are quite close to the airport.

There is nothing to do at the airport.

Thanks Emdee-who would I contact about this? Would I just e-mail the hotel directly? Do you get access to a shower in the change rooms, because if so this would be great.I assume they will store the luggage. :)

There is luggage storage at the airport so if your transfer is to the airport you can store your bags and then walk around town, etc.

We have stayed at some hotels in French polynesia that have simple day rooms, just a bed and bathroom, they let you use their facilities for the day and then you can change into your traveling clothes for the flight home. You can email the Intercontinental, Le Meridien, Radisson or any other and see what they have. I have only done the post cruise through the Ship and they always give us a regular room.

Radisson is quite a distance from the airport so I would check with TIC and maybe Meridien which are closer to the airport.

The advantage of the TIC is that you will get a meal - you dont have to go to the airport and pay for the storage and they have a very nice pool. I am pretty sure they also have showers.

The Tiare Restaurant has it noted as a Pool menu in the TIC site ( PDF in the food section)

Radisson is quite a distance from the airport so I would check with TIC and maybe Meridien which are closer to the airport.

The advantage of the TIC is that you will get a meal - you dont have to go to the airport and pay for the storage and they have a very nice pool. I am pretty sure they also have showers.

The Tiare Restaurant has it noted as a Pool menu in the TIC site ( PDF in the food section)

Thanks, will contact the hotel.:D

I'm just wondering if the ship could hang onto your luggage for you. That way, you could spend the day in Papeete, go to the market, catch some lunch, etc. Then you could get your TA to re-arrange your cab for the afternoon, after you retrieve your luggage. Just a thought--the market is really fun.

Archived