Best thing you brought on your cruise?

Carissagem

Bandaids..someone always gets a blister...especially in those new sandals

In ten cruises, I finally had a use for duct tape....cruised with my sisters and the nightstand drawers kept opening and closing as the boat rocked..got up and slapped a piece on each drawer and it was quiet again..lol

LARGE Band-Aids (the ones that come 10 per box)

I like to take a couple of Sham-wows for two reasons - first, after I rinse the bathing suits I roll them up in a large Sham-wow and it gets out enough moisture for them to air dry overnight. Second, I throw a couple small ones in our beach bag - we like to get in and out of the water and we use these for quick dips to keep our big towels dry for most of the day.

Take half of the clothes you thought you'd need!!

I need to work on this one but it is a great idea.

I am glad I brought my laptop and downloaded my daily photos...daily. Last port I fried my camera and would have lost ALL my photos if I hadn't. I guess you could buy several memory cards and change them out daily.

I want to take lots of sunscreen but unfortunately mine are in bottles of over 100ml therefore not allowed on my flight. :(

They're allowed as long as you put them in the hold baggage.

if you plan on snorkeling....an underwater camera from walmart-$6

if you buy it at the place(cococay or wherever) $21:eek:

we loved our waterbottles for walking about the ports and just stick them in the backpack or even just around the ship.

Love this thread -- lots of great ideas listed here! :D

Since a couple of people have mentioned night lights, this is what we do: I usually pack a scented flame-less (battery-powered) candle for the bathroom. It serves both as a nightlight and air-freshener, and you don't have to worry about whether you have an electrical outlet -- just bring a set of fresh batteries! :cool:

Bandaids..someone always gets a blister...especially in those new sandals

In ten cruises, I finally had a use for duct tape....cruised with my sisters and the nightstand drawers kept opening and closing as the boat rocked..got up and slapped a piece on each drawer and it was quiet again..lol

Yes, we've used duct tape, too. One night around midnight, we heard a bang, bang, bang. It shut drawers and closets, went back to bed and bang bang bang. It was the door on the safe. It wouldn't lock, wouldn't close. So I taped it shut and still the door banged as there was a gap between the safe and the door closure. So, then I got a pillow from the sofa, stuffed it in the safe, taped all of it shut and finally got a good night's rest. I had forgotten all about that and will put travel-sized duct tape on my shopping list. Thanks for the reminder. And, I know leave the over-the-door hanger at home. It's way too much trouble and, depending on your cabin, may or may not work.

Love this thread -- lots of great ideas listed here! :D

Since a couple of people have mentioned night lights, this is what we do: I usually pack a scented flame-less (battery-powered) candle for the bathroom. It serves both as a nightlight and air-freshener, and you don't have to worry about whether you have an electrical outlet -- just bring a set of fresh batteries! :cool:

That is a GREAT idea. I loved the nightlight idea because I would have never thought to bring one (when we sailed the Epic last year the touch phones were so bright, you didn't need one) and the scented night lights sound wonderful.

That is a GREAT idea. I loved the nightlight idea because I would have never thought to bring one (when we sailed the Epic last year the touch phones were so bright, you didn't need one) and the scented night lights sound wonderful.

The flameless candles do work very well. I found some that even flicker and change color -- a very nice touch -- but they tend to blow through AAA batteries pretty quickly. Scented ones are great because ship bathrooms always tend to be a little stinky -- no matter how clean the stewards keep them. :cool:

If you are going during hot months, one of those battery operated, hand-held water mister fans is priceless. We bought 1 for each of our family members for about $3 each at the drugstore at home. We could have sold them for $20+ each on the cruise, esp while waiting in line on the private island in the sweltering heat, had we been those sorts of folks. :)

Funny! We currently have 3 or them that I bought at Target of sale. My DS did Field Day at School. He was outside all day and he said the kids were all fighting over it. He didnt take it the 2nd day.

I will pack at least one of them. I may pack a box and sell them and fund the cruise

Archived