There used to be a tall building..........

Texarribean Chick

in Key West. "Supposedly" it was the tallest building with a restaurant/bar atop, the lower floors seemed to be office like. I was there back in 2002 and had drinks and watched the beautiful sunset. Is it still there and if so, what is the building called and what is the name of the restaurant? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

The rooms below the rooftop bar are hotel rooms, not offices. One way you can tell from the street is that there is a Starbucks on the bottom floor on Duval Street. That rooftop bar is a great place to see the sunset. It was a fabulous place to watch the full moon one night. What an incredible sight!

Thanks so much to all for the replies. As mentioned, I was there many years ago with my Mom. We had traveled together on a cruise and were told to go and have a drink and watch the sunset from this location. We sat there with the beauty surrounding us and wished our husbands were with us (LOL). I have since lost my Mom, very suddenly and at a very young age (58) this is an incredible memory for me. I would love to recommend this to someone else here on CC.

Thanks again!

Thanks so much to all for the replies. As mentioned, I was there many years ago with my Mom. We had traveled together on a cruise and were told to go and have a drink and watch the sunset from this location. We sat there with the beauty surrounding us and wished our husbands were with us (LOL). I have since lost my Mom, very suddenly and at a very young age (58) this is an incredible memory for me. I would love to recommend this to someone else here on CC.

Thanks again!

You are correct in that many years ago there were offices at ground level (and no Starbucks) and it looked like anything but a hotel along most of the sidewalk.

Mike:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived