Curious: Would you want to take a Scotland cruise

editor@cruisecritic

OK, so maybe cruising Scotland's enough of an adventure for the Queen but we're wondering: Beyond Hebridean, are you interested in trying a Scotland cruise?

I'm boarding European Waterways' barge, which traverses the Caledonian canal, in a few days and get that it will appeal to Edin-burrow Americans (though it's based in Inverness and doesn't go anywhere too near to Edinburgh). But wondering if Brits are intrigued, too?

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

Scotland is great for cruising. Lots of nice places. Lovely scenery. Loads of islands. Castles, gardens, historical places, distilleries.......

Alright, it's not always warm, but there are plenty of people (like me) who do not like places to be too hot.

I have been on quite a few cruises around Scotland, and will keep going back for more (hopefully on Hebridean Princess, too, some time).

There's a lot more to Scotland than the Caley Canal (though I've not yet been through that, and might be interested if the date/time/price etc is right.)

Being scottish i would have to say yes.

I come from south west scotland and just love the highlands & islands . Where i stay i can look over to the isle of arran & in winter see snow on the hills. love the drive to fort william,also inverness. I have not been on cruise round the coast or islands, only on the ferry.if only we could depend on scottish weather i would always holiday in scotland.

But maybe i'm biased and just love my country.:):)

I would cruise around Scotland...driven around it a few times, so would be good to see it from the sea.

However, I have to finish visiting the rest of the world by ship first....the home countries, Europe (inc Med) & Baltics will be on the list when I feel I can no longer handle 13+ hour flights.

I would not cruise round Scotland unless I just wanted a short break and the price was too good to miss.

It isn`t that I don`t appreciate Scotland but we suffer the weather here all year, so for my holiday I like a bit of warm sunshine.

yes, i would love to take a scotland cruise, especially if i could link it with cruises to the isles, highland games, etc.

Ps we don't go to scotland for the weather!

it's a good job you don't come here for our weather,we have had rain & high winds the last 2 or 3 weeks.:(:(

it's a good job you don't come here for our weather,we have had rain & high winds the last 2 or 3 weeks.:(:(

Guess Carolyn hasn't been having good weather for her European Waterways' barge tour of the Caledonian Canal then.

Would August/September be a better bet?

Guess Carolyn hasn't been having good weather for her European Waterways' barge tour of the Caledonian Canal then.

Would August/September be a better bet?

The weather is a hit or miss any time of the year here. Was really warm (by Scotland standards ) for about a week in April and has been miserable ever since.

July or August might be a better bet. Although it's a beautiful place no matter what the weather is like, as long as you have the right clothes you'll have a great time.

No, I know Scotland too well to want to take a cruise. The places I would want to visit are more easily visited by car or train. The thing I really like about cruises is the chance to visit a host of new places in one trip.

Is a Calmac ferry not a cruise then!?!?

We did Oban to Islay which takes about 3 hours and the ship stops at Colonsay. The weather was excellent which helped, but the scenery and wildlife (seals, dolphins) made the trip.

A longer cruise around the Islands would be an experience I wouldn't turn down.

Archived