currency for ship

We are Australians travelling on the Star Princess out of Venice. On the ship, what currency should we use for tipping and what currency should we use to put on our card (prefer cash to using cedit card).

We wondered if we should use $UD because it's an American boat or Euros because we are in Europe.

I posted this on the Princess board but it was suggested I post here as well.

Our travel card can store several different currencies.

Thanks

Hi digger and apples,

Another thing to watch out is when you print out your boarding passes, and/or arrive at check in for the cruise....

make sure you tick the box that tells them to charge your credit card in the currency of the ship. Do not let them convert it, as they will use their own rate. Best to leave it over to your bank and get the latest rate on the day its charged.

Hi digger and apples,

Another thing to watch out is when you print out your boarding passes, and/or arrive at check in for the cruise....

make sure you tick the box that tells them to charge your credit card in the currency of the ship. Do not let them convert it, as they will use their own rate. Best to leave it over to your bank and get the latest rate on the day its charged.

Wow :eek: I will have to look out for that one.

On the non-serious side..I just normaly tick the box saying I will be paying with Cowrie shells :D

On the non-serious side..I just normaly tick the box saying I will be paying with Cowrie shells :D

Oh ...!!!!

So you are the guy I have seen being removed from the terminal by security ,

before the ship even sails.:eek:

Wow :eek: I will have to look out for that one.

Scurve.... you should already know that having cruised on US price based ships before....:confused:

Jilly:)

Scurve.... you should already know that having cruised on US price based ships before....:confused:

Jilly:)

I should Jilly but I am a slow learner and quite frankly I just paid my very large bill and walked of the ship lol :D

Archived