Sydney Hotel Recommendation?

We're looking for reasonably priced hotel room with 2 beds and an ensuite bathroom for Feb 26-Mar 3, 2012. Would prefer to stay in the CBD near most of the sights. Any suggestions?

Although I don't have an answer for you, I'm glad you posted because DH and I are also looking for the same type of accomodation for a week or so beginning October 17, 2012. Please let us know how you make out with the recommendations you receive here!

Hi there :)..

Check out this thread it has a lot of suggestions.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1394222

also I booked The Sydney World Tower Appartments for my stay check out link below.

Hi Yaya,

We booked it direct through Meriton Hotels try this link.

http://www.meritonapartments.com.au/sydney/world-tower-sydney/

I do know that the prices for the weekends double but mid-week is cheap considering. Let me know how you go?

On our return leg we got a 3 nights at the Metro Hotel Sydney Central for $105 a night through TravelZoo. So they might have some cheap deals? ..cheers Muzza

Cheers

The DoG :D

We're looking for reasonably priced hotel room with 2 beds and an ensuite bathroom for Feb 26-Mar 3, 2012. Would prefer to stay in the CBD near most of the sights. Any suggestions?

Although I don't have an answer for you, I'm glad you posted because DH and I are also looking for the same type of accomodation for a week or so beginning October 17, 2012. Please let us know how you make out with the recommendations you receive here!

You have a great choice in Sydney, from the ultra luxurious to back packers....and all points in between.

If you are looking for a clean , comfortable, roomy Hotel in a great location in Sydney,

check out the Holiday Inn Old Sydney.

Position perfect.

Its right in the Rocks area.

Its not new, OK its a bit tired, but walk out the door , and there is all you want from Sydney.

hi we can recommend The Grace HOTEL in york st very comfortable beds and large rooms have stayed there several times and enjoy it everytime ,has a irish bar down stairs and does great pub food ,the steak pie is huge and and favorite .Not far from shops and in walking distance of Darling harbour where there are plenty of restaurants and bars and shops and popular place to be seen always something going on ,and not far from wharf 5 where the cruise ships come in .Average price per night is around $180 look on www.needitnow.com.au for good deals .Hope u enjoy your stay in our beautiful city :)

hi we can recommend The Grace HOTEL in york st very comfortable beds and large rooms have stayed there several times and enjoy it everytime ,has a irish bar down stairs and does great pub food ,the steak pie is huge and and favorite .Not far from shops and in walking distance of Darling harbour where there are plenty of restaurants and bars and shops and popular place to be seen always something going on ,and not far from wharf 5 where the cruise ships come in .Average price per night is around $180 look on www.needitnow.com.au for good deals .Hope u enjoy your stay in our beautiful city :)

Stayed there too.. The rooms are huge. Handy to Mid Town shopping and Darling Harbour.

I second the Holiday Inn, Old Sydney. It's right in the middle of the Rocks area with great shops/restaurants and a 5 minute walk to the bridge, the international passenger terminal (where your ship may be docked), the opera house, botanical gardens and Circular Quay where all the harbour ferries operate to/from. It doesn't have spectacular harbour views (except from the roof terrace) but otherwise it's fine. If you want views and a wow factor try the Shangri-La just up the road - but be prepared to pay for it! It's handy for Darling Harbour too.

I second the Holiday Inn, Old Sydney. It's right in the middle of the Rocks area with great shops/restaurants and a 5 minute walk to the bridge, the international passenger terminal (where your ship may be docked), the opera house, botanical gardens and Circular Quay where all the harbour ferries operate to/from. It doesn't have spectacular harbour views (except from the roof terrace) but otherwise it's fine. If you want views and a wow factor try the Shangri-La just up the road - but be prepared to pay for it! It's handy for Darling Harbour too.

yES, the Shangri-La is the best spot for the views of the harbour bridge and opera house. Next door is Quay West which is slightly cheaper, also with the same views and kitchen facilities.

For anyone looking for a budget price, we stayed in the Novotel Rockford Darling harbour for $ 139 Aud per night in October'10. This is not the Novotel at Darling Harbour itself, which is dearer.

We choose it because it sits next to a square and thought it would be quiet, which it was. The room was small, but it did have a large bathroom and a very good airco/heating. We choose the view on the square which also looks out on the Sydney entertainment centre. Just off the hotel are the Chinese markets and Paddy's Market. Bus stop outside for touring around Sydney.

The hotel was plain, but did include a nice breakfast.

We stayed at the Phillip Street Travelodge in Sydney for three days before our cruise in February. Sydney hotel prices at that time were very high but this place was good value for what you got. The room was clean though not large and nicely furnished with a comfortable bed and very quiet - and you get a tiny kitchenette. Location is also very good with an easy walk to Circular Quay, shopping etc. Have a look at the reviews on Tripadvisor.com which I always use check out hotels.

Depending on your budget, the Marriott at Circular Quay is great. No more that a five minute walk to the OPT and great views of the harbour, bridge and opera house (depending on where your room is)

Depending on your budget, the Marriott at Circular Quay is great. No more that a five minute walk to the OPT and great views of the harbour, bridge and opera house (depending on where your room is)

We are arriving next Feb 2012 into Sydney for 5 days before our Oceania Cruise.Would like to book the Park Hyatt Sydney but they are not taking reservations till Oct of 2011.Does anyone have any idea if they will finish there consruction by the end of NOv. 2011?I booked the Marriott at Circular Quay Just incase.

I think that they will be on track for Feb as they really need to be on for Dec Jan the peak season.

That said if I were looking at the Park Hyatt and wanted something else I think I might look at The 4 Seasons, but really keep your eyes on the Park Hyatt.

Archived