Pacific Dawn running a bit late!!

I just had a text from Carnival saying Pac Dawn will be arriving 2 hours late and boarding wont begin till noon, sailaway will be at 3 pm instead of 2pm.

Adverse weather conditions was the reason given, anyone know how the weather is out there at the moment?

These things happen and one good thing is I have just finished packing and came in at 19.5kg for our flight tomorrow, we are allowed 23kg with Qantas so I am pleased I have a bit left over for some shopping :):)

G'day Izabelle,

Have a look at the Ocean Weather site (http://www.oceanweather.com/data/) and click on the map of Australia. This will give you an idea of the conidtions at the moment. Also check the web cams o n the P&O web site for Pacific Dawn (http://www.pocruises.com.au/OurShips/Pages/PacificDawnCam.aspx)

Hopefully it will flatten out a bit but I am sure you will have a great time anyway.

Cheers.

that is true as the hold up may be in whats in front of them, it could be what they came from. as in these two weather warnings.

Marine Coastal Warning Strong Wind Warning for all open waters of Vanuatu issued by the Vanuatu Meteorological Services, Port Vila at 03:00 pm Friday, May 20, 2011.

General Situation

An intense high pressure system over the Tasman Sea maintains a tight pressure gradient over the Vanuatu group. Meanwhile a surface trough extends from the north to the east of the group.

Forecast

South and Southeast winds of 20 to 30 knots expected over all open waters of Vanuatu. Very rough sea to 3.5 metres. Moderate to heavy southeasterly swells expected.

Severe Weather Warning Severe Weather Warning bulletin for Vanuatu issued by the Vanuatu Meteorological Service, Port Vila at 11:00 am Friday, 20 May 2011

Synoptic Summary

An intense high pressure system over the Tasman Sea maintains a tight pressure gradient over the Vanuatu group. Meanwhile a surface trough extends from the north to the east of the group.

Forecast

South and Southeast winds inland of 40 to 50 KM/HR expected throughout Vanuatu.

The National Disaster Management Office (NDMO) advises people to be cautious.

so how did we go? did the pacific dawn leave late?

Quick turnaround today... She arrived at 8.00 (about 3 hrs later than usual) but made up two hrs to leave only a bit over an hour late, about 3.15pm

Here she is going under the Gateway at about 3.45pm

2776492520078909071S600x600Q85.jpg

Quick turnaround today... She arrived at 8.00 (about 3 hrs later than usual) but made up two hrs to leave only a bit over an hour late, about 3.15pm

Here she is going under the Gateway at about 3.45pm

2776492520078909071S600x600Q85.jpg

as per the norm then

That was good going - it was what they forecast! Actually, she has been leaving pretty much on time lately - (I've been supervising on Marine Traffic! :D)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived