How difficult is it to switch staterooms?

patterson3

That's not a simple question as there are so many fare restrictions and special price offers. Are you wanting to be in the same category? Did you book through Celebrity or a travel agent?

Booked through Celebrity directly, hoping to switch from a 1A to a different 1A (with a larger balcony, if one is available of course). The prices have not changed since my initial booking.

Booked through Celebrity directly, hoping to switch from a 1A to a different 1A (with a larger balcony, if one is available of course). The prices have not changed since my initial booking.

No problem. Just call X and request a change.

Our cruise is still over a year away but I was wondering if there is any difficulty in switching staterooms at this point or is it simply a matter of calling up Celebrity and picking a new stateroom?

It's VERY easy... Celebrity does not have that many categories, so it's very easy. Call your TA or Celebrity. Whoever you have your cruise reserved through.

One thing to make sure of when doing any switching-keep the same booking number in order to retain whatever incentives you may have gotten with the initial booking.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Did that yesterday for next April-called Celebrity-took 1 minute-no problem.

Call Celebrity and there should be no problem since you are going from 1A to 1A. I have done this and no problem.

Over a year away should be no problem. Unless you got some special that you may lose by making a change. Ask X first.

As you get closer to sailing, making a change is more difficult. And the risk of paying a penalty is more likely.

And if you board the ship and then decide you don't like your accommodation--lots of luck. Even if there are a few unsold cabins, getting the service desk to make a switch is akin to 'mission impossible'. They will probably tell you all cabins are booked. They may hold a few cabins unsold as 'protect' space in event some cabins are 'bad-ordered' by plumbing or HVAC issues that cannot be timely corrected.

Archived