Barcelona hotel w/ dinner

angiemom

I know there's great food in Barcelona and we plan to explore post cruise. However after a long flight I'm thinking pre cruise we might just want to head to the hotel and relax. I'd love to find a hotel and that has packages that include dinner so we could take it easy and it all could all be prepaid. Does anyone have experience with a Barcelona hotel package that includes dinner (or tapas)?

Dinner in Spain starts at 9pm. This is JMO, but I would recommend getting a great hotel - like Hotel 1898, then going to the Bouqeria Market de St. Joseph (a half block walk from the Hotel 1898) and buying bread, cheese, ham and chocolates. There are even a few tapas places at the back of this Market where you can eat, if you want. There are literally hundreds of tapas restaurants near Hotel 1898 and they also have a bar which serves upscale tapas on top of the hotel. You will have no trouble getting in and being served in the early evening. Hotel 1898 does have a deal that includes dinner and breakfast - it's up to you, but my experience flying in from the USA has been that I usually am wiped out by 7pm in Barcelona on arrival day, so I don't tend to stay up for dinner at 9pm. I have awaken in the middle of the night hungry - which is where the food from the Bouqeria comes in! Great to have stuff for a quick sandwich should I wake up at some crazy hour hungry and Hotel 1898 rooms come equipped with a refrigerator.

Dinner in Spain starts at 9pm. This is JMO, but I would recommend getting a great hotel - like Hotel 1898, then going to the Bouqeria Market de St. Joseph (a half block walk from the Hotel 1898) and buying bread, cheese, ham and chocolates. There are even a few tapas places at the back of this Market where you can eat, if you want. There are literally hundreds of tapas restaurants near Hotel 1898 and they also have a bar which serves upscale tapas on top of the hotel. You will have no trouble getting in and being served in the early evening. Hotel 1898 does have a deal that includes dinner and breakfast - it's up to you, but my experience flying in from the USA has been that I usually am wiped out by 7pm in Barcelona on arrival day, so I don't tend to stay up for dinner at 9pm. I have awaken in the middle of the night hungry - which is where the food from the Bouqeria comes in! Great to have stuff for a quick sandwich should I wake up at some crazy hour hungry and Hotel 1898 rooms come equipped with a refrigerator.

I totally agree with this. We just stayed there two weeks ago and the hotel is great, free internet in the business center, roof top pool with a great place for breakfast or dinner. Meals are not included in any package that we found, but I would pay the price to have a nice comfortable dinner there. We were there for several days so wandered around to eat. Breakfast is Continental -12Euro, Bacon and Eggs, 25Euro, not sure what dinner prices would be.

Barcelona is full of great small casual restuarants - mostly serving tapas and other dishes. I don't think I've ever seen a Hotel in Barcelona that didn't have at least one on the same block and several within a couple blocks. A nice tapas place would be my first choice. Most of the restuarants I've seen in hotels in Barcelona didn't look good and were empty and expensive.

Archived