Renovated Ship

What do they actually do when they renovate a ship? Or is decided by just what needs to be done at the time.

I'm actually doing on the Miracle for a 2nd time this Sept and it has been renovated since my last cruise on it.

Yes...was on the Glory after dry dock/renovation. It was wonderful. They brought the ship up to date with flat screen TV's, serenity area, big screen on the Lido, and cosmetically it was given an uplift. Enjoyed so much that we are sailing this year on the same ship, in the same cabin just different ports!

What do they actually do when they renovate a ship? Or is decided by just what needs to be done at the time.

I'm actually doing on the Miracle for a 2nd time this Sept and it has been renovated since my last cruise on it.

usually things like changing out worn carpet, linens, things that look worn, and they will be painting.

I talked to a waiter after a dry dock who stayed on the ship and said they built all new tables for the dining room and replaced them all. waiters built the tables!!! lol .. not that I could tell with the tablecloth on.

Was on Sensation May 2008 before EOF and will be on it 26th of May (shortly) after those upgrades. Will have fun and we did not pick the cruise because of the upgrade but because of the port and short cruise. We will see the difference though.

Archived