Shorts on men

mrspeaks

I know that most churches require modest dress - shoulders and knees covered. My question is if my husband has shorts that are long enough to cover his knees when standing will this be acceptable?

I know that most churches require modest dress - shoulders and knees covered. My question is if my husband has shorts that are long enough to cover his knees when standing will this be acceptable?

no. get him some pants that have zip-off legs.

I second that, easy and kill two birds with one stone :D

REI and most outdoor sporting wear places have them!

no. get him some pants that have zip-off legs.

Have never had a problem with shorts, other than the Vatican.

I agree. My DH wore shorts everywhere except the Vatican. Never had any problems entering any of the basilicas. We visited St. John Lateran (San Giovanni in Laterno) and Saint Mary Major (Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore) they are AMAZING and not crowded compared to the Vatican.

The dress code rules of "shoulders and knees covered" is enforced more with women than men, at least that was what we noticed.

We saw several young ladies get turned away at the Vatican for not having the proper attire.

I don't wish to pick on anyone who has posted on this thread. Surely the idea is that we've all been asked to have shoulders and knees covered in the churches, and it should not be a matter of what we can "get away with."

To do anything other than what has been asked seems very rude and disrespectful to me, especially when easy solutions exist, like scarves for women and zip-off shorts for men.

Archived