Cabin

I can't remember, and I did do a search, and can't find anything...

When I embark....can we go to the room right away, or do we have to wait?

It sure would be great if NCL (which I did search their website too) would have some of this information on their website....

*thumps forehead* :D

It will depend on what time you board. If you board early you will probably have to wait, and if you board after 1:30 or so, your cabin will probably be ready. If you board early, they always have a place aboard to leave your carryon so you can check it there, and then go have yourself a nice lunch and explore the ship. Usually the cabins will open up around 1:00 or 1:30. It sometimes depends when the ship comes in and when it departs. Have a great trip.

I can't remember, and I did do a search, and can't find anything...

When I embark....can we go to the room right away, or do we have to wait?

It sure would be great if NCL (which I did search their website too) would have some of this information on their website....

*thumps forehead* :D

Cabins are usually available at 2pm..sometimes earlier in a suite.

Both of our cruises the cabins were ready around 2. They had a lounge set up to take carryons if you wished to leave them there.

It would probably be difficult for NCL to state the time the cabins would be available unless you wanted them to just give a time like 2:30pm. Therefore allowing them to be sure everythig is done. Passengers from the previous cruise have until 10:30 for the last passengers to disembark. Then the ship has clearances it has to have. And all rooms have to be cleaned and things ready for the next passengers.

The nice thing is, as soon as the ship has clearance they let passenger go on the ship and start enjoying their cruise and then announce when the cabins are ready for you. So it may be 1:30 or it may be 2:00 but at least they don't hold everyone off until 2:30 just because they have a set specific time.

It is about 1:30 - 2:00 before you can go to your cabin, but you can get on the ship before that~~time to explore~~eat something! The life jacket drill is about 3:30 and then it is sail-away time~~up on deck, with a drink in your hand and the band! I am taking two high school clasmates with me in November for our "Big Birthday Cruise" This will be the first cruise for the two of them, it will be my fourth cruise. I cannot wait!:p

It will depend on what time you board. If you board early you will probably have to wait, and if you board after 1:30 or so, your cabin will probably be ready. If you board early, they always have a place aboard to leave your carryon so you can check it there, and then go have yourself a nice lunch and explore the ship. Usually the cabins will open up around 1:00 or 1:30. It sometimes depends when the ship comes in and when it departs. Have a great trip.

I didn't know this the 1st 2 times! Good to know :)

you usually can start boarding anywhere from 11:30 on depending on ship, port etc and they make an announcement when cabins are ready and that usually is between 1:30p-2p.

we are always on the ship one of the first and head to the buffet, grab something to eat and in no time they are saying the cabins are READY!!

ENJOY:)

Muster Drill (no jackets are required these days)

then sail~away....

only less than 193 days for me.

we are always on the ship one of the first and head to the buffet, grab something to eat and in no time they are saying the cabins are READY!!

ENJOY:)

Muster Drill (no jackets are required these days)

then sail~away....

only less than 193 days for me.

It's funny you say that because we didn't have nearly as much time to do all we had planned to in checking out the ship before cabins were called and boat drill. That 2 hours doesn't seem 1/2 as long as 2 hours normally would. We had to finish our getting aquainted with our ship the following morning :D

Suites are a bit different. We were fortunate to get an upsell call for a suite on Jade last November, and the "suite life" got us on the ship first and into our two bedroom suite at about 11:00. (I hadn't told my wife about the upgrade, and she thought early boarding was a Latitudes perk; she kept saying "boy, they treat their returning passengers well!")

On our other two cruises, the staterooms were ready by 2:00. We always head for the main dining rooms for lunch, rather than deal with the crowds in the buffet.

But the people in the suites get to eat lunch in Cagney's ... that is definitely nice!

On the Epic most decks were open at 1:55-2:00pm, but if I remember correctly a couple decks opened at 2:10. Or you can be like me and hunt around for open doors accidently left open and go to your cabin before they're open for everyone :p;)

Just off the Gem and the way they let people know about the rooms is the cruise director came over the speakers and announced certain decks where rooms were ready. And it was between 1:50-2:10 that the rooms were opened up.

Archived