Stateroom Bar Set-up...

zeenichka

Hello all,

DH likes manhattans and we decided to do a bar set-up in our room; we ordered Knob Creek Whiskey. My question is, will celebrity supply us with sweet vermouth and cherries for the manhattans or is this something we have to bring on board or purchase?

I'd love some feed back from those who have done this.

Thank you!!:)

Hello all,

DH likes manhattans and we decided to do a bar set-up in our room; we ordered Knob Creek Whiskey. My question is, will celebrity supply us with sweet vermouth and cherries for the manhattans or is this something we have to bring on board or purchase?

I'd love some feed back from those who have done this.

Thank you!!:)

I would suggest just bringing your own. We ordered the vodka and had to keep ordering glasses of tomato juice since we couldn't get cans with the set up. We always bring our own celery for Bloody Mary's.............they never have celery anymore :-(

My friends who drink Manhattans always bring vermouth as part of their wine allowance, then stop at one of the bars during the day and ask for cherries.

Ok, thanks all. We will do that. DH used to drink Vodka martinis and they were good about his olives being in our room now he had to switch to manhattans and old fashions to complicate things:D

My friends who drink Manhattans always bring vermouth as part of their wine allowance, then stop at one of the bars during the day and ask for cherries.

If Vermouth is allowed as part of the Wine Allowance, then I'm stoked, but I've heard different interpretations. I know you can't get it as part of the Stateroom bar setup, I was told by celebrity you would have to buy the bottle in ADDITION to the Stateroom Bar Setup, and I imagine that aint gonna be cheap. I leave this week, and would love to get a confirmation on that, because the Stateroom Bar Setup is useless if I can't have Vermouth.

ALSO: anyone know if I can bring Gatorade on board, as I plan to do lots of hiking, and I won't have time to scramble for it in ports before I hit the trails?

I would suggest just bringing your own. We ordered the vodka and had to keep ordering glasses of tomato juice since we couldn't get cans with the set up. We always bring our own celery for Bloody Mary's.............they never have celery anymore :-(

Request an insulated jug of tomato juice. That's what we always have on Celebrity. Azamara bring us a catering can of juice.

Sue

If Vermouth is allowed as part of the Wine Allowance, then I'm stoked, but I've heard different interpretations. I know you can't get it as part of the Stateroom bar setup, I was told by celebrity you would have to buy the bottle in ADDITION to the Stateroom Bar Setup, and I imagine that aint gonna be cheap. I leave this week, and would love to get a confirmation on that, because the Stateroom Bar Setup is useless if I can't have Vermouth.

ALSO: anyone know if I can bring Gatorade on board, as I plan to do lots of hiking, and I won't have time to scramble for it in ports before I hit the trails?

Hi,

Vermouth is defined as "an aromatized white wine in which herbs, roots, barks, bitters, and other flavorings have been steeped."

IMO, you should be able to take 2 bottles as your wine allowance.

You should be able to take Gatorade on board. Many posters have stated that they have taken multipacks of their favourite sodas on board.

Jim

• 1 month later...

OK, well, now that I'm back, what I did was I brought two bottles of wine and hid my vermouth in bottles of gatorade. No problems. Also brought Gin in bottles of sparkling mineral water. With the $100 stateroom bar setup, my premium bottle of choice was Blanton's bourbon with which I either drank neat or used for some super Manhattan's. Also, ordered some tonic for the setups and had occasional gin and tonics. I got the room attendant to bring me some proper cocktail glasses for the manhattans and never paid anything for the wine. They even had a corkscrew in the fridge.

Archived