iTravelInsurance

d4nigirl

Hi all! Quick question, has anyone heard of the travel insurance company "iTravelInsured"? Are they credible?

I usually use (and am currently enrolled) through Travel Guard for my RCI Alaska cruise. My parents are trying to figure out which company to use and iTravelInsurance is being offered for free through their TA for their Alaska cruise in August.

Hi all! Quick question, has anyone heard of the travel insurance company "iTravelInsured"? Are they credible?

I usually use (and am currently enrolled) through Travel Guard for my RCI Alaska cruise. My parents are trying to figure out which company to use and iTravelInsurance is being offered for free through their TA for their Alaska cruise in August.

Yes, they're credible. But no travel insurance plan is right for everyone. If the iTi plan covers everything they need covered then you can't beat "free". If it doesn't, then they're better off paying for another plan that does.

GENERALLY - The free insurance being offered does not cover pre-existing conditions if they are not in final payment. Also, if they cancel then they have to repay the insurance cost to the travel agency which is generally about 7% of the price of the trip if I remember correctly what I've seen some charge back - read the fine print. Also, check the benefit limits. It is for the cheaper of the itravelinsurance and the benefit limits may not be high enough for elderly people or where you travel (I don't know how old your parents are). Just some things to check out.

• 1 month later...
I use insuremytrip.com which provides an excellent comparison of several travel insurance policies. I then pick the one that will work best for my wife and myself.

Keith

You are correct. I only wished I knew this right from the beginning. I went with Travel Insured and the pre-existing condition is waived. Purchae it no later than 21 days after booking.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived