Early Saver Rate

The rate for our upcoming cruise actually went up this week. Should I just stop checking or is there a chance it will come back down and I can still get an OBC? It's in September.

Continue checking. The fare for our August cruise went down, I got an OBC, and now it is higher than it was when I booked originally. I keep an eye on it, but I'm pretty happy with what I've paid/received.

I try to check everyday, so far I have had 3 price drops. The last 2 were this month and within 8 days of each other. I thought that was a little strange since the cruise was 6 months out.

The rate for our upcoming cruise actually went up this week. Should I just stop checking or is there a chance it will come back down and I can still get an OBC? It's in September.

Keep checking- I check at least once a day.

For our Pride cruise-- the price went up and up. (I have yet to see a price come down before final payment-- if it comes down before final payment EVERYone gets the discount-- but if they wait til after--only the people who booked Early saver rate will get to partake.

Now our Pride cruise came down for 2 days-- then went back up . a week later it went down even more-- to a tune of 180.00 for us.

But also- to be fare-- this was only the second time a cruise has ever gone down in price for us out of 15.

Keep checking- I check at least once a day.

For our Pride cruise-- the price went up and up. (I have yet to see a price come down before final payment-- if it comes down before final payment EVERYone gets the discount-- but if they wait til after--only the people who booked Early saver rate will get to partake.

Now our Pride cruise came down for 2 days-- then went back up . a week later it went down even more-- to a tune of 180.00 for us.

But also- to be fare-- this was only the second time a cruise has ever gone down in price for us out of 15.

Did you claim an OBC twice? So in this instance my question is does it count multiple times if the price keeps going down and then back up followed by another dip?

I check at least once a day. SO far we've gotten credit for an $80 drop back in February, and I just filed a request for OBC today when the price dropped an additional $40.

Did you claim an OBC twice? So in this instance my question is does it count multiple times if the price keeps going down and then back up followed by another dip?

we got a total of 3 obc drops. As many times as the price drops is what you are entitled to as long as you are Early rate.

you can look at your rate as compared to the category you are booked in.

you can check the past guest rate, senior rate, pack and go rate- but you have tolook at your own category for those rates.

Make sure you are putting your state in that box to check for Resident rate. Or if entitled-- a Senior rate.

I haven't tried to book ES, but was wondering about it. Can you pick a stateroom and then just look for (6B, 6C, etc) category to be cheaper? Does it work with guarantee staterooms?

with the guarantee you will be looking at the fun saver rate. You do not get to select your cabin in that rate.

With ES rate you look at the category you booked-- if you booked an inside-- then yes you check all the above rates to see if they are cheaper- you then will give up your assignment and move to the category that is cheaper.

For me- at this time the only cheapest rate will be a suite. If the suite goes lower then what I paid --too bad for me because I do not want to give up my cabin.

you can look at your rate as compared to the category you are booked in.

you can check the past guest rate, senior rate, pack and go rate- but you have tolook at your own category for those rates.

Make sure you are putting your state in that box to check for Resident rate. Or if entitled-- a Senior rate.

so even if i'm not a senior, if the senior rate is lower than what i paid (for the same cabin category), i can submit a price protection form? I thought for sure you'd have to at least "qualify" (ie: be a senior) for the senior rate in order to be able to use that rate to justify a drop in your ES rate.

I had one other question that i asked in another thread but never got an answer. I have seen comments regarding prices in other higher categories dropping lower than your ES rate and getting upgraded to that higher category. I was under the belief (in the ES rate small print) that in order to qualify for *any* price protection (OBC or upgrade) that there has to be cabins available for new bookings in your cabin category.

For example, if i booked a cove balcony (7C) and later on, there's a price drop but all the 7C balconies are sold out, then i'm SOL. But on the boards here, it sounds almost like if there's a cabin category higher than yours (8D for example) and that price drops lower than what you paid for your 7C, that you could get an upgrade to an 8D cabin (or get OBC if you stay where you are), regardless of whether the 7C cabins are sold out or not.

*confused*

so even if i'm not a senior, if the senior rate is lower than what i paid (for the same cabin category), i can submit a price protection form? I thought for sure you'd have to at least "qualify" (ie: be a senior) for the senior rate in order to be able to use that rate to justify a drop in your ES rate.

I had one other question that i asked in another thread but never got an answer. I have seen comments regarding prices in other higher categories dropping lower than your ES rate and getting upgraded to that higher category. I was under the belief (in the ES rate small print) that in order to qualify for *any* price protection (OBC or upgrade) that there has to be cabins available for new bookings in your cabin category.

For example, if i booked a cove balcony (7C) and later on, there's a price drop but all the 7C balconies are sold out, then i'm SOL. But on the boards here, it sounds almost like if there's a cabin category higher than yours (8D for example) and that price drops lower than what you paid for your 7C, that you could get an upgrade to an 8D cabin (or get OBC if you stay where you are), regardless of whether the 7C cabins are sold out or not.

*confused*

check boxes for which you are entitled.

if you are booked in a 7C and an 8 D goes down in price-- you gotta give up the 7c and move to the 8D and get back what ever is left on the price.

example-- you paid 50 .00 for the 7c 8D goes on sale for 45.00 you give up the cove- move to the 8D and get 5.00 back.

SOme people will not give up what they have-- Like me.

If cove balconies are all sold out and higher balconies are abundant-- carnival will try to move the people from the lower priced cabins to free up space so they can sell them for a cheaper rate

I'm not normally obsessed about it, I'm going to cruise no matter the price. BUT, I do check it out at least once a day. The cruise I leave on this Sunday, I checked one day and got a price drop and checked the very next day and got another one. I guess it's all in fun. Enjoy it, you're on vacation.

Archived