Carnival Valor - Need help!

lucia1024

Hi

Just want to know if anyone has been on the Carnival Valor. What kind of experiences have you had good or bad. How is the food? My last couple of cruises have been on Norweigan and I love them. I especially love the free style cruising. Does this ship have anything like that? Do most people dress up on Formal Nights. I prefer a more relaxed type of cruise.

Any answers or info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi

Just want to know if anyone has been on the Carnival Valor. What kind of experiences have you had good or bad. How is the food? My last couple of cruises have been on Norweigan and I love them. I especially love the free style cruising. Does this ship have anything like that? Do most people dress up on Formal Nights. I prefer a more relaxed type of cruise.

Thanks

My last cruise was on NCL and I cruised on the Valor in Nov. My experience was all good. The food on Valor was as good or better. They do have a Anytime dining option which we enjoyed also.

I would say that about 40% of the men wore a suit and tie on formal night and the ladies were very nicely dressed. As long as the gentlemen wear a shirt with a collar and slacks they will be able to enter the dining room.

Other nights were similar to NCL as far as dress code.

The Cabins are much larger on the Valor, all cabins have a bath robe too.

The Comedy Club was very entertaining and some of the production shows were good also.

Have fun!

Lucia ~ I've moved your question to the Carnival boards where you will get a lot of answers! You had accidentally posted this on the Celebrity boards.

Good luck and enjoy whatever cruise you decide on!

We were on the Valor last year and enjoyed it. Since then they added the serenity adult only area which will be amazing. The food in my opinion was great with a lot of variety.

On formal nights you will see everything from tux/suits to evening gowns to dress shirts/slacks and dresses. If you don't want to dress the lido deck is always an option for you. We did one formal night and skipped the other later in the week.

There is an outdoor movie each night if that's your cup of tea.

The shows to me on the Valor were just ok. I felt the talent ( compared to other ships we have experienced) was lacking. A couple of dancers seemed lost, some just going through the motions without passion. Still decent just not the wow factor!

I've never sailed any line but carnival so can't compare the two.

I'm sure you will enjoy!

Hi

Thanks

I suspect that the biggest difference you'll notice is the much better food on CCL. Looks like others have already addressed your other concerns. Hope you enjoy your cruise! :)

just off valor, read my review, some people were not dressed for formal night, other nights were shorts and printed t shirts, we were surprised this was allowed. There is anytime seating from hearing things around the ship it was good. Food is good.

Archived