Upgrade or not?

msmuppet710

Is this dumb or am I just being naive? I got an email to upgrade our interior room from deck 1 to deck 7-10 for $40, no cabin upgrade just higher up on the ship.

I call and it turns out it will cost me not $40 but $79 due to it raising my travel insurance which was through Carnival. Is this worth it to pay $79 just to get to a higher level on the ship?

It's for Splendor 7/10/11 interior cabin

This is my first cruise I am doing myself so any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

If you are willing to upgrade for $79, I would pay a few dollars more and shoot for an Oceanview - but not on Deck 1!!! We had an oceanview on Riviera once and would never do it again. Too much noise, so far to get to any of the venues, elevators, etc. It also seemed to be the noisiest hallway/deck on the ship. I say spend a bit more and get to a higher deck if possible.

P. S. We always purchase our own insurance outside of the cruise line because it is not only cheaper, but not tied directly to the reservation should we need to change anything.

I think it's worth it. decks 7-10 are a nice place to be.

I agree. It'd be worth it to be closer to the higher decks. It eats up a lot of time taking stairs and/or waiting for elevators.

So it's just a difference between a low deck interior and a high deck interior? I would for sure NOT pay for that. Those lower decks are fine, usually quiet. It's a 28 second elevator ride to the lido, no big deal IMO.

So it's just a difference between a low deck interior and a high deck interior? I would for sure NOT pay for that. Those lower decks are fine, usually quiet. It's a 28 second elevator ride to the lido, no big deal IMO.

I agree. Riviera deck is my favourite. It's very quiet, not a lot of motion compared to higher decks if you're prone to sea sickness. The distance to the lido deck doesnt take that long and as a bonus, you have easier access to leave/return to the ship on port days.

Save your money and put it towards an excursion instead.

Is this dumb or am I just being naive? I got an email to upgrade our interior room from deck 1 to deck 7-10 for $40, no cabin upgrade just higher up on the ship.

I call and it turns out it will cost me not $40 but $79 due to it raising my travel insurance which was through Carnival. Is this worth it to pay $79 just to get to a higher level on the ship?

It's for Splendor 7/10/11 interior cabin

This is my first cruise I am doing myself so any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

if that's not what you wanted to begin with, no. it's the same room layout anyway, most likely.

these used to be free. i guess they are tapping into some that are happy to pay. i am not one of those.

Thank you so much for your great replies! I'm on a budget and trying to save for a second cruise in October and on an office clerk salary, so I think I will skip this upsell this time. Maybe if they give me a window I'll do it on the next upsell email :D

45 days to go!

I just got off the Glory and our cabin was deck 7. I did do some exploring and while the forward parts of deck 1 were quiet, the aft areas were quite noisy-even to the point of I wondered how they could put people there. You are right over the engine room, and lots of other equipment.

I did the upsell on our last cruise for like $15 pp and it was 1 week before the cruise. So it might go down some more, you can call them anytime and see.

I went from deck 2 to deck 10. Pro was close to Lido and pools. Con - had to wait for elevator on show night and dining room since both of those were on deck 5. So depends on where you will spend most of your time.

Archived