Please tell me differences between Carnival & Royal Caribbean

Royal Caribbean is the epitome of perfection in every way. Carnival is the spawn of Satan.

Not that I've ever actually been on a Carnival cruise. But I've read about them right here on the Cruise Critic Royal Caribbean board, so it must be true! :D

Oh puleeezzz! Royal is not the "epitome of perfection" in any way and Canival is in no way the "spawn of Satan". They are both good cruise lines, each one has their flaws, but heck so do us all.

Oh puleeezzz! Royal is not the "epitome of perfection" in any way and Canival is in no way the "spawn of Satan". They are both good cruise lines, each one has their flaws, but heck so do us all.

No that, is very funny. And who says Americans don't get irony :D

Well, some of us do, anyway!

Don't recognize a good sarcastic or ironic statement when you see it, huh?

I guess that went flying right over your head didn't it?:)

We found them to be much more alike than different. The food and room sizes were better on Carnival. The ship decor was better on RCI. Service was great on both!

Well, we found buffet food to be weaker on Carnival. Dining room food was about the same with more seafood on Carnival.

And decor... took us 2 days to get used to when we sailed on Miracle (purple dining room is something!!!!) :D, Liberty's decore was ok, but Miracle had much nicer ship design!!! Liberty was awful with crowds and bottlenecks everywhere.

RCCL has better in room set of channels. Our balcony rooms where about the same size.

And nothing they have can compare to Oasis Class, or even Freedom Class for that matter.

In case of Carnival - the bigger doesn't mean better. I would go with Spirit Class if we decide to sail with them again. :)

We have been on several cruises on both lines, and anyone who says there is a significant difference in the overall experience is too Loyal to Royal.

Food and entertainment are slightly better on Carnival, service the same, and RCCL ships are nicer.

In case of Carnival - the bigger doesn't mean better. I would go with Spirit Class if we decide to sail with them again. :)

Agree. The Spirit class is a nice ship but the rest leave a lot to be desired. Crowded and poorly designed.

For us we found that in the food department each cruise line did something better than the other but in the end, they were even. On RCI's newer class ships like the Freedom/Oasis class, they are head and shoulders above Carnival when it comes to entertainment. Also found the crew to be much more friendly on RCI along with better maintained ships.

We have been on several cruises on both lines, and anyone who says there is a significant difference in the overall experience is too Loyal to Royal.

Food and entertainment are slightly better on Carnival, service the same, and RCCL ships are nicer.

No, it just means that their opinion differs from yours. Very simple.;)

I'll give you props on the use of the word "puleeezzz." But unfortunately, it's for not because the joke to which you were responding flew right over your head. ;)

I would say there are significant differences between RCI and Celebrity. So does that make me too loyal to Royal? Even if the differences are good and I love both cruise lines? :confused:

Archived