A Customized Door Sign, Spirited Away

Sounds like I should take a picture of our door signs. The picture will last longer than it will stay on our doors.

Since I printed ours, I think next time I'll print a few of them. Maybe one will last on the door through the cruise :mad:

Our last Explorer cruise started the last couple of days of November & then went into December (duh). On December 1st, we hung up an inexpensive although fun advent calendar on our door. More than a couple of people commented to us that they kept waiting for the next day's little door to open. It stayed up the entire time, although it didn't officially finish by the end of the cruise (just 10 doors opened). When we woke up the final morning, a little elf had come during the night and opened the rest of them up.

Very upset and mad? Umm, a word of advice from someone married 28 years: this is a very small issue. :) In the grand scheme of things and in light of your upcoming marriage and honeymoon, please do not even give this a second thought, OK? It's just so not worth losing any sleep over. In marriage and in life, you have to pick your battles. Please don't pick this one. Have a great wedding, and a fun cruise. :)

Maybe my wording was a little strong. It won't ruin our honeymoon cruise if this happens. Would just think people would have a little respect for the celebration and the signs will be on the door for our entire cruise. I have always enjoyed walking the hall on our way to our room and see the signs celebrating a birthday, anniversary, honeymoon or just the "hey we are on a cruise" signs. Had never thought that people would have sticky fingers for door signs.lol:D

Klingon has it right, it's sadly usually thoughtless undiciplined children who never consider the consequences of their actions on others. My signs have largely stayed put because as was mentioned, the more personalized the better. I usually print mine out with a photo of us in the background and a couple more pictures scattered around it. They usually don't want anything that has identity on it. What could they do with that? But the more generic ones can be used on their own doors. Wonder where the parents think they came from? Pathetic isn't it? But if it does happen, make lemonade!:D

Too bad some of the kids on the cruise are looking for pranks to pull. I saw a couple of YouTube videos (when I was doing a search for Freedom of the Sea videos) of kids doing pranks on the cruise ship. Ringing doorbells of suites then running away, jumping off banisters into pool below, etc. Where do the parents think these kids are? Apparently they are NOT in the teen activities!!:(

...somewhere out there...

...off a small island in the Caribbean...

...floats a funny looking craft...

...made of a thousand little squares and rectangles...

...some colorful - some dingy with age...

...here floats the SS Magnetic Door Sign in all her glory...

Mystery solved! :D

Archived