Tahiti Layover

lakota

I will have over 6 hours between the time I get off the plane and board the Princess ship. The hotels (Sheraton, Beachcomer) are already fully booked for day rentals. Is there any place that we can rest and clean up for 6 hours?

-Lakota

We stayed at Le Meridien for a 3 night pr-cruise and had a day room at the end of our cruise. Le Meridien has a beautiful sand bottom pool and also a lovely white sand beach. It is a great place to relax. The only trouble for a six hour stop over is the distance from the airport to the hotel and then the distance to the ship. You would be up for quite a big taxi fare.

The new Radisson is on the other side of Papeete from the airport but could be closer to the ship than Le Meridien. I would check both out.

Jennie

The next cruise is always the best!

3RD OCTOBER, 2004 PRINSENDAM

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;10;3;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0200

There are also other hotels. We tried for one called, I think, the Mandarin, but it was full.

Stayed in the Royal Tahitien, which is a smaller hotel, on the other side of Papeete from the airport, a cab ride away from the cruise port. Nice quiet place, really liked it, good restaurant, on a beach.

Wendy

PG May, 2000

PG April, 2003

Diamond, 14/06/04

• 2 months later...

Wendy the Wanderer:

How did you contact the Mandrin hotel. Want to try staying ther on pre-cruise but can't locate email for them or web site.

So you like the Royal Tahitien. Think this would work for a one niter lae arrival. How much was cab airport to hotel then hotel to ship?

Thanks

Thanks

Archived