Martini sizes

geepmaley

On past cruises on NCL, we have enjoyed the Two for One martini hour in the Martini Bar in the evening. Does the X Martini Bar offer such a thing? We found we met the usual suspects each night and made some friends.

Soemtimes, but not on all sailings on a regular basis. We've been on several cruises and the only one we've found a 2 for 1 happy hour (at most bars) was our Eclipse Sailing last February in the Caribbean which had a Happy Hour afternoons from 4 to 6. It started the second afternoon of the cruise and I'm not sure if it was all days or just port days. We've been on quite a few Celebrity cruises and I don't recall seeing this on other cruises. However, despite the lack of a discounted Happy Hour we have frequented the Martini Bar before dinner and have regularly experienced that "We found we met the usual suspects each night and made some friends." So that part is there!

Donald, I wonder how he is doing and if he is still working on one of

the ships. He went into training for Sommelier but I think he loved

bartending more:)....interacting with passengers and such.

And you get to go back on Century in less than 2 weeks:eek:...so

not fair!;)

I can't be sure it is the same guy, but Juro was my Sommelier in Blu on the Equinox in April. He was really great. I had the premium package and told him that I liked a good glass of wine but didn't have a "cultured palate" I'd tell him what I was eating and he'd select the wine. I was never disappointed.

I can't be sure it is the same guy, but Juro was my Sommelier in Blu on the Equinox in April. He was really great. I had the premium package and told him that I liked a good glass of wine but didn't have a "cultured palate" I'd tell him what I was eating and he'd select the wine. I was never disappointed.

Is Juro from Croatia? If so, that likely would be our Juro. Glad to hear that he is still working for Celebrity. :)

Donald.

Hi Bobby Dee, was he on the tall side? Not sure what color his hair

is now;)....it was light brown for a time and then sort of bleached....

He is from Croatia and is awesome:D...actually if you click on Flickr

in my signature there are photos with Juro in them...Mercury 2008,

if you want to see if it is the same person:)

Is Juro from Croatia? If so, that likely would be our Juro. Glad to hear that he is still working for Celebrity. :)

Donald.

Yes, I believe that we are talking about the same Juro. He was from Croatia and Lois' picture looks a lot like him, although I can't be 100% certain, since he had such a big smile in the picture. I think maybe Lois took it right after she gave him his tip.

Like I said before, he was working on the Equinox as a Sommelier in the Blu restaurant, this past spring.

Yes, I believe that we are talking about the same Juro. He was from Croatia and Lois' picture looks a lot like him, although I can't be 100% certain, since he had such a big smile in the picture. I think maybe Lois took it right after she gave him his tip.

Like I said before, he was working on the Equinox as a Sommelier in the Blu restaurant, this past spring.

Hmmmm.....ok, I will bite;), seriously he is a great guy:D.

Too bad I won't be sailing with him though. I would love to go on

Equinox since she does 10 nighters but it is out of my $ range.:rolleyes:

If you get the wine package can you get a glass of wine with dinner and lunch or just dinner and is it only one glass with the package? Has anyone an opinion about one wine package versus another? If you order the stateroom package do they provide shakers, martini glasses and olives? Are there any onboard specials for the packages that might make waiting better than pre-ordering?

If you get the wine package can you get a glass of wine with dinner and lunch or just dinner and is it only one glass with the package? Has anyone an opinion about one wine package versus another? If you order the stateroom package do they provide shakers, martini glasses and olives? Are there any onboard specials for the packages that might make waiting better than pre-ordering?

The wine packages are for full bottles. The packages provide a small discount for pre-purchasing at a set total amount several bottles of similarly priced wine. The two basic packages have you select from a limited selection of bottles available under the plan. The higher end package gives you a discount off of any bottle over $75 with a minimum purchase. The wine packages do not include wine by the glass.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages&cS=SIDENAV#onboard_beverage_packages_wine_tab/onboard/asrPanel.do%3Fpagename%3Donboard_beverage_packages_wine%26ComponentTypeId%3D13%26categoryId%3D%26currencyCode%3DUSD

My personal choice has been to forgo the small discount (5% to 15%) for the packages in favor of being able to select any bottle of wine from the large and varied wine lists available on the ship - but if the wines available within each package are what you'd stick to in any event the packages might be a good deal for you.

On our last cruise to Canary Islands on NCL Jade if we ordered a bottle of wine with a meal and didn't finish, it would be recorked and we could have our waiter collect it at our next meal. Do you know if Celebrity will do this too? Fred

On our last cruise to Canary Islands on NCL Jade if we ordered a bottle of wine with a meal and didn't finish, it would be recorked and we could have our waiter collect it at our next meal. Do you know if Celebrity will do this too? Fred

Yes. We've also had unfinished bottles transferred between the main dining room and the specialty restaurants. I also know cruisers who've had unfinished bottles sent to their stateroom to enjoy or sent to a lounge to finish later in the evening.

Hi Fred:), yes they will bring anything you have not finished back to

the table the next evening:). I was just on Century one of my

tablemates will was ill one night. He had ordered a bottle of wine the

night before and still had some left. When I got to the dinnertable I

informed the Sommelier to hold the bottle for another evening. Not

a problem at all:)

Just off Equinox (5/27) after 12 days, had bought the Premium Package, must've spent at least 24 - 30 hours at The Martini Bar.

Hands down the last thing the bartenders do is "skimp" on the booze. Makes no difference if your drinking Smirnoff or Level 1. (Belvedere for me :D).

Any drink package offered by Celebrity is worth the money. :cool:

2MC

Archived