Martini sizes

geepmaley

We are on Equinox June 6-17 and I am debating the room bar service. DW and I like a martini on a semi-regular basis and I was curious how big the martini's on the ship are. Anyone know?

The reason I ask is a bottle of vodka is at least $80. That a litre or 33.6oz. Im trying to work the math assuming a 1/2 liquor to final cocktail size ratio to see if the in room bar setup is worth it vs just ala carte

It IS worth it.

No walking to a bar for one, then back to the cabin, spilling all the way. fa la la la la....la la la la

That's what I did this past November, on Constellation. I brought 3 shakers with me; 2 small and one regular-sized. If it was just me, I used the l'il one. For a crowd, all were pressed into action.

I also brought a couple of my favorite mixers; the rest of the time I muddled fruit from the buffet and got my hot little (er, not so little) hands on some limes.

You can order more vodka throughout the cruise as well.

So go for it!!!!! And relax....

I once asked a Celebrity sommelier how many ounces of fluids their lounge martini glass holds, and he said 6 ounces.

Donald.

And you had 3 ounces of gin and 3 of vodka:D:):D;)

Oh Donald, there is a thread on here from someone asking about cabins

on decks 4 and 5 on Century. You could give some first hand recent

information on that thread:)

They used to advertise the Martinis at the Martini Bar as 4 oz. a lot of the recipes had 3oz of vodka. The price doesn't vary based on the mix - all are $10 whether you pick something very light and fruity or want a premium vodka very dry.

And the Martini Bar doesn't fill up the glass all the way - it's a larger glass so you are missing about $2.50's worth in my estimation.

Once upon a time they filled to the brim and left the shaker on the table with another ounce or two in it.

On the Eclipse the serving size seemed a little smaller than in the past although I'm not sure about that.

And you had 3 ounces of gin and 3 of vodka:D

Oh Donald, there is a thread on here from someone asking about cabins

on decks 4 and 5 on Century. You could give some first hand recent

information on that thread:)

Lois, 3 ounces of gin and 3 ounces of vodka does sound terrible. :D

There were at least two occasions for each of us on last week's cruise when our martini glasses were filled right up to the brim. Juro used to do that on a nightly basis. :):D

Donald.

Lois, 3 ounces of gin and 3 ounces of vodka does sound terrible. :D

There were at least two occasions for each of us on last week's cruise when our martini glasses were filled right up to the brim. Juro used to do that on a nightly basis. :):D

Donald.

Donald, I wonder how he is doing and if he is still working on one of

the ships. He went into training for Sommelier but I think he loved

bartending more:)....interacting with passengers and such.

And you get to go back on Century in less than 2 weeks:eek:...so

not fair!;)

we had the premium beverage package on the Summit - I found that if I ordered my martinis in the theatre they were in the smaller glasses

so we always stopped by the martini bar before heading to the show - the glasses were twice the size & very full! :D

we had the premium beverage package on the Summit - I found that if I ordered my martinis in the theatre they were in the smaller glasses

so we always stopped by the martini bar before heading to the show - the glasses were twice the size & very full! :D

Thanks for the tip!!!!

Does anyone know what type of champagne they serve by the glass that you can get with the premium package? I am wondering if I should be bringing my own, as I really like "good" champagne....

Hi,

We only had Martinis at the Martini bar and they were full to the brim.

Espically love the Pomogranet and Cosmo, We had the premium pkg.

and really found it to be just great. Coffee's ,water's ,drinks and wine,

no slips to sign or bill to pay.(as we already had).If you have the PKG.

who cares how full, as you can order another. jmho.

P.S. making and pouring of the drinks at the Martini bar was a show in and of itself.

Thanks for the tip!!!!

Does anyone know what type of champagne they serve by the glass that you can get with the premium package? I am wondering if I should be bringing my own, as I really like "good" champagne....

Ditto for me....inquiring minds want to know!!! :)

I was curious how big the martini's on the ship are. Anyone know?

I think they come in 4 sizes.

Small

Medium

Large

Hit the floor :rolleyes:

I've only done three cruises, all on Solstice, but on all 3 I had Adrian at the Martini bar. He always served a full martini and provided great service on each night.

side note: It was neat to see his development from my first cruise where he apparently wasn't allowed to do any of the multi-glass pours from the shakers to my last cruise when he was doing 6+ glasses at the same time. And he is one of the most humble guys I've ever met. He almost refused the tips I gave to him. I really enjoyed cruising with him and seeing him each night at the martini bar. I hope he's still on Solstice for my next cruise, although I know he was going to take a bit of time off to head back to India. Ahh, great memories.

Thanks for the tip!!!!

This was the champagne/sparkling wine available in the MDR. Just the first and the last on the list covered by the package. Sorry I didn't get pic of the bar lists. :)

1786532813_005(50)Equinox.jpg.893b9f1b30ee2b86b5d25d40823456e2.jpg

...Does anyone know what type of champagne they serve by the glass that you can get with the premium package? I am wondering if I should be bringing my own, as I really like "good" champagne....

This was the champagne/sparkling wine available in the MDR. Just the first and the last on the list covered by the package. Sorry I didn't get pic of the bar lists. :)

Below is a link to a bar menu from the Eclipse last February it showed Domaine Chandon, in addition to the Celebrity Vintages sparking wine and the Prosecco listed in the dining room menus, in the under $12 range. I'm afraid that any French Champagne will start above the $12 range on the ship. I think the least expensive one was generally Perrier-Jouet at $15. You can also check out the beverage package sticky thread at the top of the Celebrity Forum which has pages and pages of price lists and offerings to read through.

http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Bar%20Menu%20-%20Eclipse%20Feb%202011.pdf

Below is a link to a bar menu from the Eclipse last February it showed Domaine Chandon, in addition to the Celebrity Vintages sparking wine and the Prosecco listed in the dining room menus, in the under $12 range. I'm afraid that any French Champagne will start above the $12 range on the ship. I think the least expensive one was generally Perrier-Jouet at $15. You can also check out the beverage package sticky thread at the top of the Celebrity Forum which has pages and pages of price lists and offerings to read through.

http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Bar%20Menu%20-%20Eclipse%20Feb%202011.pdf

Nice pic. A these prices, I'd have to drink way mroe than I usually do to make a drink package worth while, I think.

Still might do the in room bar set up though

It IS worth it.

No walking to a bar for one, then back to the cabin, spilling all the way. fa la la la la....la la la la

That's what I did this past November, on Constellation. I brought 3 shakers with me; 2 small and one regular-sized. If it was just me, I used the l'il one. For a crowd, all were pressed into action.

I also brought a couple of my favorite mixers; the rest of the time I muddled fruit from the buffet and got my hot little (er, not so little) hands on some limes.

You can order more vodka throughout the cruise as well.

So go for it!!!!! And relax....

Love your avatar. :) If I pass on the bar setup pre cruise, can I add it mid cruise?

Drat drat drat! I didn't see this BEFORE I purchased the Premium Package. Oh well. Hope the prosecco is drinkable! lol

Thanks for that pdf! I was looking for something like that to get an idea of what is offered/prices. Some of those rum drinks sound like fun. I guess the Domaine Chandon will have to do otherwise!

Guess I'll be sticking to martinis... lol :rolleyes:

Drat drat drat! I didn't see this BEFORE I purchased the Premium Package. Oh well. Hope the prosecco is drinkable! lol...

If this is a make it or break it factor for you then the package can still be cancelled. http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do?faqSubjectName=Beverage+Packages&faqId=3917&pagename=faq_answers

I always say that if one is unsure if the package is right for them then I feel the best bet is to wait until you are on board and check things out for the first day or two and then if you find the package would be best you can buy it for the remainder of the cruise at a pro-rated daily rate.

We are on Equinox June 6-17 and I am debating the room bar service. DW and I like a martini on a semi-regular basis and I was curious how big the martini's on the ship are. Anyone know?

On past cruises on NCL, we have enjoyed the Two for One martini hour in the Martini Bar in the evening. Does the X Martini Bar offer such a thing? We found we met the usual suspects each night and made some friends.

On past cruises on NCL, we have enjoyed the Two for One martini hour in the Martini Bar in the evening. Does the X Martini Bar offer such a thing? We found we met the usual suspects each night and made some friends.

On Equinox there were definitely drinks specials at the Martini bar 10pm - midnight. I don't know how often that occurred but I have it on one of the dailies. We were on the package so it didn't matter to us.

Those Martinis are very, very strong. I couldn't manage more than one of the regular size.

Archived