Cruise terminal shopping

Lorey2007

At Frederiksted, they don't have a big terminal building with shops like many ports. Just across the street from the pier are quite a few shops, some of them in picturesque old buildings. They are mostly of the souvenir/t-shirt variety. There were also some vendors selling jewelry and trinkets in stalls near the pier and in the nearby park.

This port has about the least shopping of any Caribbean port I've visited, but if you just want to kill some time and buy a few postcards and magnets, you can do so.

• 5 weeks later...

Hope this response isn't too late for you...

I just got back from RCI southern Caribbean cruise, and we stopped in St. Croix on Saturday. It was some of the best shopping at the cruise pier of the whole trip! The pier is very long, but they have a shuttle that will take you from the ship to the end. There are quite a number of vendors set up in tents (like at arts and craft shows). They were not pushy, and had nice jewelry, t-shirts, etc. Across the streets are a few bars and an organic restaurant :) There was a very nice lady selling jewelry made with sea glass. I purchased several things! I liked it better than Christiansted (see my post on this board "Beware of Scenic Tour in St. Croix".

Hope this response isn't too late for you...

I just got back from RCI southern Caribbean cruise, and we stopped in St. Croix on Saturday. It was some of the best shopping at the cruise pier of the whole trip! The pier is very long, but they have a shuttle that will take you from the ship to the end. There are quite a number of vendors set up in tents (like at arts and craft shows). They were not pushy, and had nice jewelry, t-shirts, etc. Across the streets are a few bars and an organic restaurant :) There was a very nice lady selling jewelry made with sea glass. I purchased several things! I liked it better than Christiansted (see my post on this board "Beware of Scenic Tour in St. Croix".

Thanks for your response...not too late we have quite a while to go but I like to plan in advance.:)Sounds like my kind of shopping.

Archived